Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Diva Cup question?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 17 Replies

I'm finally ready to get one now that I got my IUD out. Does anyone have any experience with one that has heavy periods? I have to admit I'm a little nervous about it during the heavy part. 

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I have seen them, and I do not like them.  I use softcups.  They work the same as the diva cup, except they are very soft and pliable.  They stay put.  The interesting thing is that you do not need to take them out to have sex.  We found this out when my husband woke me for sex and I forgot I was on my period lol  It says it on the package though.

BaileysMom9
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Here's a bump for you... I've heard of them, but haven't tried them yet.  After this baby comes and my period starts again (okay, so in like another 12-15 months lol) I'll probably get a Luna Cup.  Not sure about the Diva cup since it has a pretty fat rim on it.  Sorry I'm of no help :/

rachel_2010
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I have the diva cup.  Haven't tried any other brands.

But I highly recommend using a cup! It makes my period breeze by.  I still have the same cramps and stuff, but only have to mess around twice a day (maybe three on my heavy heavy day) makes the whole thing seem to go by much faster.

the first period or two might be werid.  Like if there is some leaking you might just not be a pro at putting it in yet, so I'd do it a few times before giving up :)

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM
OK thanks!

Quoting rachel_2010:

I have the diva cup.  Haven't tried any other brands.

But I highly recommend using a cup! It makes my period breeze by.  I still have the same cramps and stuff, but only have to mess around twice a day (maybe three on my heavy heavy day) makes the whole thing seem to go by much faster.

the first period or two might be werid.  Like if there is some leaking you might just not be a pro at putting it in yet, so I'd do it a few times before giving up :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Thanks... I've tried those and I didn't like it. It never stayed in place

Quoting kailu1835:

I have seen them, and I do not like them.  I use softcups.  They work the same as the diva cup, except they are very soft and pliable.  They stay put.  The interesting thing is that you do not need to take them out to have sex.  We found this out when my husband woke me for sex and I forgot I was on my period lol  It says it on the package though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Did you tuck it behind your pubic bone?  I know it work for everyone though.  A friend of mine hates it because to her it feels like you're pulling out a dry tampon lol

If you do end up trying the diva cup, let us know how you like it :)  My personal curiosities are: Is it firmer than the soft cup?  Do you feel the cup when it is in place?  I love the soft cup because I don't feel it when it is in, something I took issue with with tampons.

Quoting jconney80:

Thanks... I've tried those and I didn't like it. It never stayed in place

Quoting kailu1835:

babiesbabybaby development

Hi!  My name is Jenn!

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I love my diva cup. It takes a little Figuring out and for a while I also used a panty liner onthe have days. But once I figured out my exact angle I stopped with the liners. It's great on my heavy days, it's just important to remember to change it more often than light days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Never used one but here is a BUMP.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

corbysmom531
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I use the softcups too. I have very heavy periods, and a low lying cervix so i can't use anything with a stem. I love the softcups!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Love my Diva cup! Will never willingly go back to tampons! But my coworker is struggling with hers fitting right and some leaking :( I've never leaked with mine and I'm a tampon + pad kinda girl!

I usually clean mine twice on light days, three times on heavy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)