Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

help me be natural PLEASE

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM
  • 13 Replies
hello my first child is 1yr old and ive just recently gotten into the "natural" way of life...i love how it just feels right for my family...i love the principles of AP...i would even love to have a homestead in the future and become self sufficient...problem is i have no idea where to start...i plan to homeschool my children and for the most part practice AP with my dd all except i use disposibles and had meds during labor and birth... I would love to get more advice on food,cleaning,AP,and well everything.....help me please??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sj3starz
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Cleaning... honestly I have just turned over from commercial cleaners to using 4 ingredients (3 of which are common household items)

I make an all purpose cleaner which I use for EVERYTHING from swiffering, to cleaning toilet seats, mirrors, stove tops, sinks... seriously, any hard surface.

The recipie is

1 cup white vinegar

2 cups distilled water

15 drops tea tree oil (disinfectant)

The only other thing I have used in my house recently is baking soda. It makes a GREAT abrasive (read: Comet). I sprinkle in the sink, rub around with the spray of all purpose cleaner (from above) and then rinse.

I've also gotten into non-paper towels which are the infant washcloths from dollar tree. They come in packs of 4. Anyway, they work great as napkins, one-time-use hand towels, and tissues since they are soft. I just have a separate bag for them so when I do laundry they aren't mixed in with clothes.

If you have more specific questions I could help.

I'm not educated on AP I just do my own thing, and I have an all enclusive diet but do try and eat healthier non-processed foods when possible.

hapababies
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Welcome :)
The more specific your questions are, the better we can help you. Getting into natural living is definitely a process since there is so much to it. I'm learning more everyday, especially from this group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

first stop shaving....then toss your deoderant....after that stop washing your hair.  then you will be a crunchy goddess just like the rest of us!  LOL just kidding...sort of :)

but seriously change take time.  start reading some of the posts on here, become familiar with more natural ways of living and DONT be afraid to ask questions if you dont understand something and want to try something new.  and guess what?  if you dont like something then dont do it. 

hannahs.mama
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Thats too gross for me! lol but thank u all...i see alot of question asking in my near future :)

Quoting tansyflower:

first stop shaving....then toss your deoderant....after that stop washing your hair.  then you will be a crunchy goddess just like the rest of us!  LOL just kidding...sort of :)

but seriously change take time.  start reading some of the posts on here, become familiar with more natural ways of living and DONT be afraid to ask questions if you dont understand something and want to try something new.  and guess what?  if you dont like something then dont do it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:26 PM

you know sometimes things that you would have NEVER considered doing you end up trying out.  i did a no-poo transition and i have to say that my hair looks and feel FABULOUS now!  i also started using coconut oil to brush my teeth with and i will never use toothpaste again because my teeth feel so amazing that it doesnt even compare to that crap you buy in the store lol :)

just keep an open mind!  thats half the battle when it comes to natural living since we as a society have become so conditioned to doing everything an un-naturally as possible.  its amazing how much better life can be once you expand your knowledge base and learn new ways of living!  good luck mama :)

Quoting hannahs.mama:

Thats too gross for me! lol but thank u all...i see alot of question asking in my near future :)

Quoting tansyflower:

lactatingloon
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
All of us are on different parts of the natural spectrum, definitely read responses to other people's questions and don't be afraid to ask any ol thing, this is very much a judge free zone.
littlelambe2
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I agree. It's more a journey than a destination. 

Quoting hapababies:

Welcome :)
The more specific your questions are, the better we can help you. Getting into natural living is definitely a process since there is so much to it. I'm learning more everyday, especially from this group.

littlelambe2
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Tangent: do you use just coconut oil? Or do you mix it with something else?

Quoting tansyflower:

you know sometimes things that you would have NEVER considered doing you end up trying out.  i did a no-poo transition and i have to say that my hair looks and feel FABULOUS now!  i also started using coconut oil to brush my teeth with and i will never use toothpaste again because my teeth feel so amazing that it doesnt even compare to that crap you buy in the store lol :)

just keep an open mind!  thats half the battle when it comes to natural living since we as a society have become so conditioned to doing everything an un-naturally as possible.  its amazing how much better life can be once you expand your knowledge base and learn new ways of living!  good luck mama :)

Quoting hannahs.mama:

Quoting tansyflower:

tansyflower
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

right now just gold label tropical traditions coconut oil....but i am getting some red clay to mix with it to help with remineralization :)

Quoting littlelambe2:

Tangent: do you use just coconut oil? Or do you mix it with something else?

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting hannahs.mama:

Quoting tansyflower:

GoodyBrook
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I just try to look at the world from my great-grandparent's point-of-view...  If they didn't have it or use it then (150 years ago), it's something I need to reconsider in my life.  (With the exception of running water, automobiles, and electricity, of course!)    :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN