Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

cant afford the chiro! :(

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:06 AM
  • 18 Replies
Ok, so.dh was having lots of back issues (his back went out a few times) and i also have back issues as well, mostly my hip. With my last two.pregnancies it wasnt good at all, and sometimes had issues walking, and it has arthritis. so this is what happened. our whole family was seeing tge chiropracter. they didnt make us pay until they billed the insurance and the insurance gave us the reimbursement. Well, the insurance.onky covera a certain amount of visits and once they finally billed them, we had gone way over that..so I got a bill for over $300! We cant afford that!

Anyways, my hip has been hurting me but i cant afford to see someone. i talked told my midwife that i have a hip.problem, and of course she said I need to see a chiro. Well, she also checked my alignment and she said my right hip (hurt one) is way higher than my left and i should see.one especially if its causing pain. so, i dont know.whay to do. maybe yoga and or maybe there is a certain exercise I can do to help get it back into alignment. I can actually feel its higher and it does bother me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:26 AM
I was thinking yoga and massage are great alternatives, although they cost money too. But yes, those are both fantastic aids for you, arguably better than chiro, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:11 AM
I can do yoga for free atleast.

Quoting jellyphish:

I was thinking yoga and massage are great alternatives, although they cost money too. But yes, those are both fantastic aids for you, arguably better than chiro, too.

buffalove23
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Do you have physical therapy coverage on your insurance? There's a copay almost always but I know there are outpatient clinics that specialize in women's health and some that have training for pt for pregnancy. It may help your hip. They also can provide some massage during treatment. Your insurance company could tell you how many visits a year you get and your copay. Good luck!
Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I will have to ask. Thanks!

Quoting buffalove23:

Do you have physical therapy coverage on your insurance? There's a copay almost always but I know there are outpatient clinics that specialize in women's health and some that have training for pt for pregnancy. It may help your hip. They also can provide some massage during treatment. Your insurance company could tell you how many visits a year you get and your copay. Good luck!

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:45 PM

When you're pregnant, you can't afford the consequences of NOT seeing a chiro!

Ours is good about taking monthly payments of $25.  Perhaps you can set up a similar payment plan?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:51 PM

some chiro will work with you and sell you a package deal for pregnancy....find out how many visits are covered ad just do those?

My hips are always out of alignment, I have scoliosis

charity987
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Your chiropractor may have a self pay price, which is less than what you'd be responsible for if they billed the insurance. I know at mine, the self pay price was actually LESS than our copay at one point. And then, when our insurance changed, our chiro isn't in network, so I just continued to pay the self pay price. It was just easier that way. I can't NOT see the chiro while pregnant! I have 3 herniated discs in my low back & it's very unstable right now because of the relaxin that my body is producing. I have to see him almost weekly to just keep mobile.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I was seeing one during pregnancy that was about $30 / visit

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

some chiro will work with you and sell you a package deal for pregnancy....find out how many visits are covered ad just do those?

My hips are always out of alignment, I have scoliosis

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

The exercise that was suggested by my chiro for misaligned hips was called the cat stretch.

Look here. Not a cure all/fix all, but something to help, also lots of ice.

VintageWife
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I hope you're able to figure something out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)