Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Birthing Techniques

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 9 Replies
My little sister just decided today that she is going natural and the epi is a no go she is currently 36 weeks. Classes and a doula aren't an option as the money isn't there. I will be there with her and helping her use the techniques that worked best for me but any more ideas would be fabulous. She is a super tough cookie and I think she will rock it but any ideas help.

She will be at a hospital but it is a hospital supportive of natural birth as well as her OB. She will be able to move have access to a ball, tub (until her water breaks as per hospital policy) and a bar.

I used counter pressure, massaging, ocean waves sound track, and a birthing ball. Sorry this got long I just want to help her as best I can.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Get the book The Birth Partner and read it together. It's awesome you're doing this with her!

LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Thanks!

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Get the book The Birth Partner and read it together. It's awesome you're doing this with her!

littlelambe2
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

She needs to be able to relax during contractions. If she's tense, the pain and/or discomfort increases. She has to find what relaxes her. Whether a bath, massage, movement, music, breathing, closing her eyes, etc, or a combination. And she needs to practice that relaxation before labor. 

MaryJarrett
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Yes! Great book!

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Brandy85412
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

try to stay at home as long as possible. Know and recognize the signs of when its getting closer to time.  All you said. She's going to have to see what works best for her.

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Bradley Method. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

GoodyBrook
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Some doulas are in training and work for free.  (Mine did).  I think having a doula is the single thing that helped me through the last part of my labor.  Please reconsider! 

LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I tried to tell her but she isn't interested. I didn't have one so she doesn't think my opinion of one being beneficial is valid. :( She just looks at it as a stranger being in the room. I said well I guarantee the nurses will be strangers but a doula is your advocate. I am not sure why she thinks that.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Some doulas are in training and work for free.  (Mine did).  I think having a doula is the single thing that helped me through the last part of my labor.  Please reconsider! 

JoJoBean8
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Birth ball and stay at home as long as possible so she can move around, take a shower, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)