Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

varicos veins

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
How painful can they be during pregnancy? Should you seek medical attention? Anything to help?

Pain is excruciating while standing. 36 weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Under my midwife's direction I took Butcher's Broom supplements to combat my swelling during the last 6 weeks of pregnancy.  Worked like a charm!

It is also said to improve varicose veins.

Here's a random link I found: http://z6mag.com/health/butchers-broom-a-cure-for-varicose-veins-says-doctor-oz-168049.html

(It's also called "box holly").

gbcmom
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Thank you. She is out buying spandex as we speak. And made an appt with the mw in the morning. This pregnancy has been very different than the previous 2.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Jobst stockings, I think there also called TED stockings.  They are supposed to help I hear.

BaileysMom9
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM
When you find out let me know. I've been dealing with vericose veins in my right leg as well as vulvar vericosis since about 13 wks.... I'm 25 wks now :/
AspensMama1537
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000IICTWQ/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1365533340&sr=8-4&pi=SL75

This was a life saver for vulvar varicose veins! I didn't realize how much my pain was draining me until I got one of these. I felt like a totally different person!

Quoting BaileysMom9:

When you find out let me know. I've been dealing with vericose veins in my right leg as well as vulvar vericosis since about 13 wks.... I'm 25 wks now :/

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)