Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Why even bother asking? update

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 32 Replies
My sil is due with her first soon. Her entire pregnancy she's asked me for advice. I don't mind. I know I'm more "hippie" than her, but lately it's getting ridiculous. She decided she couldn't go natural, ok. She decided to be induced if needed, whatever. Today she asks me a few questions, even little things like should she use special detergent for the baby. I told her unless she was going to use the same detergent it'd be pointless since baby will still come in contact with her clothes. Her response? "Oh ok. I'll just ask my doctor and see what he recommends."

She says this about every single thing she asks me about. So why even bother asking me when you're just going to ask your Almighty doctor?

Update: She was induced today. The doctor claims there was no way her pelvis would separate enough for the baby to fit through. She's short, not deformed. Anyway... Just got a text about 10 minutes ago that she's going in for a c section because he's just too big and not dilating. Can't say I'm surprised, but I do hope she's ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM
3 moms liked this
I would start answering with: "since you're just going to ask your doctor anyway, I'm not going to answer that"

If she gets pissy, who cares? What she's doing is incredibly rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I hate that too.  I had a friend that did that.  

ColieO
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I don't want to piss off the pregnant girl lol. I usually just stop texting back and pretend I forgot or got busy.

Quoting larissalarie:

I would start answering with: "since you're just going to ask your doctor anyway, I'm not going to answer that"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I was really close to just telling her she's brainwashed, but I didn't. Lol.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, I hate the pregnant princess mentality, so that part wouldn't scare me!

Quoting ColieO:

I don't want to piss off the pregnant girl lol. I usually just stop texting back and pretend I forgot or got busy.

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL  I thought that many times.  She kept asking me how to give birth naturally.  I gave her plenty of info.  She ended up getting induced at 39 weeks because of "low fluid".  I told her how to correct that, she ignored it.  She told me her doctor wouldn't do anything if she didn't think she needed to....right.

She ended up getting the epidural because pitocin sucks.  DUH!  Yea....

Then she tells me it was probably good she got induced because she found out before she left the hospital that her doctor was going on vacation the week after.  She was so glad her doctor had been there!

I actually managed to refrain from going off....but it was really really really hard! 

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

ColieO
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I have a friend who claims she HAS to be induced because she's GBS+. That she doesn't have a choice. I told her she does have a choice over her own body, she asked for more info, I sent her links. Her response was "well I'm sure my doctor knows more about this than I do and knows more about what my body can handle."

Ugh.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

LOL  I thought that many times.  She kept asking me how to give birth naturally.  I gave her plenty of info.  She ended up getting induced at 39 weeks because of "low fluid".  I told her how to correct that, she ignored it.  She told me her doctor wouldn't do anything if she didn't think she needed to....right.

She ended up getting the epidural because pitocin sucks.  DUH!  Yea....

Then she tells me it was probably good she got induced because she found out before she left the hospital that her doctor was going on vacation the week after.  She was so glad her doctor had been there!

I actually managed to refrain from going off....but it was really really really hard! 

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachelrothchild
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I wonder the same thing...

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a friend that does that exact thing! Irritates me to no end. Especially when she comes back later with, well the doctor said...
Like she will ask me about EVERY next vaccine her kids are to get, knowing I don't vax, be all alanmed by what I tell her, as say 'oh I will have to ask the doctor about that' and then text me whenever, days, weeks later, telling me oh the doc said its safe. Face palm. Quite asking me then.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM

frustrating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)