Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Prolapsed Uterus?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
I just gave birth 5 days ago, naturally, at home, third child. I now have a bit of a "bulge" I can feel down there. I am kinda freaking out. Is this normal or should I be concerned? I've been resting, but I was on my feet some today, just cleaning up a bit and chasing the older kids. There is no pain associated with it, but it feels like things aren't where they should be down there....
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

first is it your uterus or your bladder. It may move in the coming weeks. But a natural dr put me on utrophin by standard process and ligaplex ii, im still currently taking them and have seen improvement. You may want to find a natural dr because obgyn will give you bad options.

You also should take time to go to whole woman solution. Google it. There is a lot of very interesting information about prolapse and the womans natural posture and the curve if the lumbar spine. They also have a forum for support! private message me for anymore help you might need! its an emotional journey to have a prolapse. *hugs* congrats on the baby!

OakesMama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:54 AM

kegals kegals kegals the longer you can hold them the better. I had prolapsed uterous with my 5th and my sister had a prolapsed bladder after her 6th. Been using hylands cell salts for helping with toning and lots and lots of kegals. The midwife pushed it back up in there then we did lots and lots of kegals. Good luck the PP has excellent suggestions! Congrats on your sweet baby :)

lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM

kegals are not the answer, although the medical world would like you to believe so. kegals will actually worsen the issue. You should really read the whole woman solution before doing anything.

http://wholewoman.com/

it will surprise you how much misinformation there is about prolapse.

MirWoo
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I just felt something bulging out a little bit so I'm not sure if it is bladder or uterus, but after researching a little more (I went to a Mothering.com forum about the issue) it may just be normal sagging or most likely the bladder. I am just 5 days pp, so I have to keep reminding myself to slow down! I will definitely look up whole woman solution and for now, just see if I can keep it under control and give it more time. Thank you so much for your response!
Quoting lifeforchrist:

first is it your uterus or your bladder. It may move in the coming weeks. But a natural dr put me on utrophin by standard process and ligaplex ii, im still currently taking them and have seen improvement. You may want to find a natural dr because obgyn will give you bad options.

You also should take time to go to whole woman solution. Google it. There is a lot of very interesting information about prolapse and the womans natural posture and the curve if the lumbar spine. They also have a forum for support! private message me for anymore help you might need! its an emotional journey to have a prolapse. *hugs* congrats on the baby!

MirWoo
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for your reply! After some research, I think it may be my bladder. I'm going to talk to my midwife about it, too. After my initial freakout, I'm thinking it may not be as bad as I thought.

Quoting OakesMama:

kegals kegals kegals the longer you can hold them the better. I had prolapsed uterous with my 5th and my sister had a prolapsed bladder after her 6th. Been using hylands cell salts for helping with toning and lots and lots of kegals. The midwife pushed it back up in there then we did lots and lots of kegals. Good luck the PP has excellent suggestions! Congrats on your sweet baby :)

OakesMama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Lady you have just shared with me something NO ONE in my area is aware of. You are awesome, I am passing this along.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

kegals are not the answer, although the medical world would like you to believe so. kegals will actually worsen the issue. You should really read the whole woman solution before doing anything.

http://wholewoman.com/

it will surprise you how much misinformation there is about prolapse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)