Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

natural fertility boosters?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 13 Replies

We are ttc, I have been off bc since October(mirena) do any of you ladies know of any good natural fertility aids? I do not want to have to go to the dr. the only thing they have suggested is clomid...no thanx.I do not have a normal period every month its usually every other. I know it hasn't been that long but our dd is already 7 it is time for another! I need baby dust! 

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Anybody?

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I have no idea mama. The only time I had issues conceiving was baby #2, and it took over a year. I had moved on and figured we would have an only child, and was truly at peace with that since I'm 100% unwilling to take/do fertility treatments. So I did nothing special and eventually it happened.
With the other 3, it happened on the first try or when not trying at all.
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I'm sorry, that's so fustrating.  I get pregnant the first month we tried, all 3 times.  Bump!!

Umm_Nourudeen
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:10 AM

I have PCOS and Endometriosis so I definitely know how hard it can be to TTC.  While looking for more natural methods I came across this website that looks great and I'm about to start trying out their stuff.  It's http://natural-fertility-info.com/  Hope that helps and good luck!! :)   

good luckttcgood  LOL I think I like these! ;)

Umm_Nourudeen
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I just remembered some other things that may help.  I read a published study on how drinking 3-4 cups of green tea a day can quadruple your chances of pregnancy.  If you think or do have PCOS regular workouts can help to increase your sensitivity to insulin and estrogen which will also increase your chances of getting pregnant.  Whole Milk products have also been studied as increasing your fertility, make sure it's organic with NO growth hormones. 

That website I gave also has tons of great info as well.  If I find anything else I'll let you know ;)

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Quoting Umm_Nourudeen:

I just remembered some other things that may help.  I read a published study on how drinking 3-4 cups of green tea a day can quadruple your chances of pregnancy.  If you think or do have PCOS regular workouts can help to increase your sensitivity to insulin and estrogen which will also increase your chances of getting pregnant.  Whole Milk products have also been studied as increasing your fertility, make sure it's organic with NO growth hormones. 

That website I gave also has tons of great info as well.  If I find anything else I'll let you know ;)

Thankyou! I don't eat/drink dairy but I love green tea that will be easy:)

VintageWife
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Do you have pcos?

lactatingloon
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Vitamin B 6 when taking more than 500mg per day will cause you to produce more fertility mucus. I have no idea why but it does :)
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:58 AM
EOs that balance female hormones:
Marjoram, rose, jasmine. You can make an oil and massage into your feet at least daily, preferably more, it could help. And reflexology and/or acupuncture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I have never been Diagnosed with it. We had our dd very young while trying not to get pregnant. Then I had Mirena(didn't know how awful it was at the time) until it was expelled. Which was horrible by the way, I hope I did not hurt my fertility any by using that form of bc :( 

Quoting VintageWife:

Do you have pcos?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)