Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

sahm?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 33 Replies
How many of u are sahm? Who here works?

Someone told me "you cant be a working mom and live a crunchy lifestyle theres just not enough hours in the day and eventually you just give up and go mainstream for the sake of your sanity. hell we would all love to be able to go natural but who has the time for that shit"

Part of me is starting to actually agree with her:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I'm a SAHM. I do think it'd be harder to live more naturally if I wasn't.
BlessedMammaof2
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I work part-time as a CNA on DH's days off and am a full-time student and nearing the end of my Junior year. Though here soon I will stop working and not return until this baby is at least 6 months old. I'm BF my 2 y/o and am 34 weeks pregnant. Planning a homebirth. We cloth diaper and don't vaccinate. Eat organically and locally as much as possible. Our schedule can be hectic at times but we manage. DH works full-time and is also a full-time student.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I work full time and to some extent I agree to that.  I was a sahm for years and recently went back to work.  I have to say the healthy food has taken a diva a bit but other than that I'm staying on track.

larissalarie
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I completely disagree. I used to work full time and was just as "crunchy", maybe more so. I found it easier on many levels because I had to keep things more structured to do it all.
Now that I'm a SAHM, I can easily sit on my ass all day messing around on CM, etc and waste half my day without noticing, which seems to be a common trend with SAHMs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I consider myself a sahm, because i dont leave my kids really, and my pay is so minimal when i do. However i have taken on quite a bit and find myself less and.less at home, but during the summer i am.home a lot. I am a teacher/tutor and director, as well as a representative for a company and a photographer (however that is sort of on hold) and i homeschool. I have to admit, i feel very behind on everything, but i do what i can when i can :)
Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Being structured is something i need to work on. I have always had a hard time with that, i prefer go with the flow, however it doesnt always work because some things can be neglected. If you have any tips, please share!

Quoting larissalarie:

I completely disagree. I used to work full time and was just as "crunchy", maybe more so. I found it easier on many levels because I had to keep things more structured to do it all.

Now that I'm a SAHM, I can easily sit on my ass all day messing around on CM, etc and waste half my day without noticing, which seems to be a common trend with SAHMs.

OakesMama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I'm a SAHM. 

audreesmama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. I've worked 60+ hours a week, and I've been a SAHM. It takes more discipline to be a SAHM and crunchy, IMO. 

Quoting larissalarie:

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:40 PM
I'm a stay at home mom.
larissalarie
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I tend to do best with a loose schedule. Nothing strict since most days aren't terribly busy, but a general timeframe for things to keep me on track and not wasting my days. When I worked it was a stricter schedule and I did best if I went immediately into the tasks needing done after work and saved the relaxing/fun for later in the evening- sitting down to chill after work tended to kill motivation.
And then I assign non-daily tasks to a certain day of the week.
Quoting Precious333:

Being structured is something i need to work on. I have always had a hard time with that, i prefer go with the flow, however it doesnt always work because some things can be neglected. If you have any tips, please share!

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)