Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
How many of u are sahm? Who here works?

Someone told me "you cant be a working mom and live a crunchy lifestyle theres just not enough hours in the day and eventually you just give up and go mainstream for the sake of your sanity. hell we would all love to be able to go natural but who has the time for that shit"

Part of me is starting to actually agree with her:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Replies (31-33):
LuvAZmomma
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I am a work at home mom. I run my own business and I am a full time student. There are something's that I am still mainstream on. I do the things that work for me and my family. You don't have to follow every "natural/crunchy" idea just do what works for you. We cloth diapered, I try to use natural remedies for most illnesses before seeking medical attention, I don't vax, I breastfeed in fact I am still giving both my toddlers breastmilk(2 and 3 yrs old), babywear, but we still eat out, I buy frozen dinners(Stoffer's I know they aren't as healthy as homemade but to me it is the next best thing no preservatives). No I didn't make my own baby food, but I did buy organic and we did more table foods than baby food anyway. I think as long as you are happy with the choices you have made that is what is important. Yes I sometimes wish that I did more home cooking and shopping farmers markets things like that but I so the best I can and I am happy with that. My family is health and happy. I would rather spend my free time with my family rather than peeping and cooking or other natural things I don't already do.
Mitzi31
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM

It's hard for me live naturally even being a SAHM. lol. Children need a lot of attention and if I weren't giving my dd as much attention during the work day then she would crave it when I got home and I wouldn't be able to get anything done. Sometimes I miss working though. I miss that adult interactions. Most of my friends have 2 or 3 kids and I never see them cause they are always busy. That's why I'm on this site so much. lol. it's the only adult ineraction I get, :-).

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I am a full time teacher, my hubby is a SAHD.  You can be a semi crunchy mom and work atleast..I cloth diaper, breastfeed, will have a homebirth, we could eat better I guess, but we are working at using less ad less processed foods

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)