Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

pullman, WA or moscow, ID

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:31 AM
  • 22 Replies

is anyone out there? it looking more and more like we may be moving out there. trying to find some connections :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Not me but here's a bump!

BaileysMom9
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM
You're moving out there?!!! We used to live there :) both Moscow and Pullman. I would suggest livi g in Moscow bc the town has a great lay-out and is not cometely dominated by the university. Pullman on the other hand is REALLY hilly (making winter driving suck) and its centered around WSU. Plus Moscow is prettier and they have a food co-op!!! My BIL and his wife and kids live over in Pullman. You moving before or after babies come? What's your hubby gonna be doing? I am jealous honestly! My hubby and I really love it there and would love to move back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nikzup03
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Lol. Things aren't set in stone yet, but Dh has a phone interview today with SEL for some engineering position. They are very impressed with his résumé. There will be some other determining factors other than salary, like benefits insurance (for me! Like when it will start) moving package, and start date. I don't mind I my kindergartener misses the last week or so of school, but pushing it to June would be too close for me. So then it would have to be at least 6 weeks after babies come, and that's hoping they are latching well! And we can't be packing up and moving, have a company do that. And all things that go with selling our house... I don't think I will have a real issue with the traveling, as long as we have a place to move into whether is be a house or temp apt. And of course I'm concerned about OBs. It's a lot for a crazy pregnant lady to process, but I'm getting used to the idea.

Quoting BaileysMom9:

You're moving out there?!!! We used to live there :) both Moscow and Pullman. I would suggest livi g in Moscow bc the town has a great lay-out and is not cometely dominated by the university. Pullman on the other hand is REALLY hilly (making winter driving suck) and its centered around WSU. Plus Moscow is prettier and they have a food co-op!!! My BIL and his wife and kids live over in Pullman. You moving before or after babies come? What's your hubby gonna be doing? I am jealous honestly! My hubby and I really love it there and would love to move back.
nikzup03
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM
We also told my mom she could come with us since all of her grand kids will be on the west coast, my sister has a newborn and lives in Lake Tahoe, still 12 hr drive, but much closer than ohio.
BaileysMom9
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Ugh. Yeah can't blame you for being more than a little overwhelmed with that prospect. I gave birth to my 1st at Gritman Med Center in Moscow. It wasn't terrible, but I hated my OB. She was rude to my husband and I just didn't like her. She was with Moscow Fam Medicine. Dont know much about the hospital in Pullman... supposed to be nice I guess. SEL is supposed to be a good company to work for from what I've heard. They employ half the town lol. Good luck with everything. I hope it all works out well.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM

NOPE I am on the east coast

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Bump! I'm in Ohio =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikzup03
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM

do you  know of any good OBs? or know anyone in the area that you could ask? if we do move, i'm going to be really bummed about not having my current OB, he delivers breech baby B, i think i can be mouthy enough to make the hospital listen to me... LOL. but if i don't trust my OB, that's a different story. and i'm guessing it could be different in either state, but here in Ohio, midwives aren't allowed to delivery twins...

Quoting BaileysMom9:

Ugh. Yeah can't blame you for being more than a little overwhelmed with that prospect. I gave birth to my 1st at Gritman Med Center in Moscow. It wasn't terrible, but I hated my OB. She was rude to my husband and I just didn't like her. She was with Moscow Fam Medicine. Dont know much about the hospital in Pullman... supposed to be nice I guess. SEL is supposed to be a good company to work for from what I've heard. They employ half the town lol. Good luck with everything. I hope it all works out well.

CafeMom Tickers
BaileysMom9
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Yeah, I see where you're coming from.  I can ask my SIL who she had as an OB for her pregnancies.  She had a c-section both times though, so I'm not sure how "good" her OB really was :/  I do know that Gritman is NOT vbac friendly, so I don't know about other things like twin vaginal births (especially with breech).  I can ask around and see if I can get some reccomendations for you.  I don't know if there are any CNM's in the area now (there wasn't when I had my oldest - but that was 5 years ago).  I really hope for your sake you can stay there in Ohio until after babies are born, so you don't even have to worry about all that!

Quoting nikzup03:

do you  know of any good OBs? or know anyone in the area that you could ask? if we do move, i'm going to be really bummed about not having my current OB, he delivers breech baby B, i think i can be mouthy enough to make the hospital listen to me... LOL. but if i don't trust my OB, that's a different story. and i'm guessing it could be different in either state, but here in Ohio, midwives aren't allowed to delivery twins...

Quoting BaileysMom9:

414Rose
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I found this post in my own search to find out about birthing options in Moscow/Pullman. We relocated here 1 year ago for a job at SEL:) My husband is also an engineer. We are still in the process of selling our home in Coeur D Alene, ID and getting situated down here( long story)... I am prego with our third and looking at my options... I had my first two using midwives who deliver you at the hospital which I was very pleased with. I can't seem to find a similar option here. There are  of course OBGYNs and midwives who do homebirths, but it doesn't seem the hospital here has any approved CNM:( If anyone knows of other options let me know:)

Let me know if you get the job & have questions about the process! It is a fantastic company!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)