Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Waterbirth...

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 3:34 AM
  • 4 Replies
I'd love to do a waterbirth, however there is no place in the area that alolws it.  How can I still do it?

by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
HeatherN3Boys
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 9:24 AM
Do your area hospitals not allow it, or not encourage it?  Often times, hospitals have a tub but it's a "pain" to drag out, so they don't.  You may have to poke and prod the right person to get your way...

However...

The commenter before was right.  :-)  A homebirth midwife will most likely have a tub (completely hygenic as they have a liner, I promise, LOL) that she will set up for your birth.

You can also check out www.yourwaterbirth.com for more information on pools and other waterbirth supplies.

Good luck!
Heather Edwards, CD(DONA)
doulala
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2007 at 2:23 AM
You can also check out www.waterbirth.org. I live next to them and was just there for a tub liner, ironically! They have rental/puchase tubs for homebirths. Also, a page that tells you who does waterbirth in your area. My 2 waterbirths (birth center) were wonderful, so were other hospital and home waterbirths I've been to. It's a wonderful way to bring your baby into the world, where ever you are!
millerbabe07
by on Dec. 26, 2007 at 3:39 PM
Waterbirth International http://www.waterbirth.org/mc/page.do helps you find a location near you that can deliver in water also if the hospital your going to doesn't allow it, if you email Waterbirth International many times they help mothers get the policy changed and then you rent a tub and bring it to the hospital.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)