Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Charting to prevent pregnancy very confused

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

So fertility friend put possible ovulation on the 4 th I also thought I felt ovulation pain that night but as you can see my mucus didn't match up. So, thinking I was we'll past ovulation we did the deed. Then 2 days later there was thick mucus in the toilet. My first thought was semen but it was 2 whole days later and it didn't dissolve in the water and now fertility friend has moved the cross hairs and made them solid. I seriously thought I had already ovulated. My tender breasts also started on the 12th. What do you think. Could I really have ovulated this late?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Replies (21-28):
lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM

taking charge of your fertility has you wait 4 days after peak mucus to ensure its drying up, and 3 days after high temp to ensure you ovulated. If both rules are used there won't be an oops! :)

Quoting Seabreeze9:

I wish someone had told me this ;) I was told to wait at least two days. Whelp that didn't work out so hot.

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

You could have ovulated twice, thats how fraternal twins happen. My NFP instructor said not to have sex for at least 4 days after ovulation just incase.

Quoting kristinas8:

When I saw it in the toilet I started to freak. Then I told myself no I'm not going there then this morning ff did that and now I'm there. Grrrr

lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM

it looks like you ovulated on the tenth based on your temps. Have you been charting for a long time? Some women don't actually go 'dry' and their dry time is spent with sticky mucus which is not sperm friendly. Im reading taking charge of your fertility right now. Seriously best explanation ever

lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM

You can't ovulate two different times in a cycle. You can release two eggs which is why you give the 4 days to wait. But ovulation happens once. Most women have split peaks and *think* they ovulated but didn't actualy confirm with both mucus and temp rules to confirm. ANd then they actually ovulate thinking they are safe and get pregnant.

Quoting Sarah725:

you could have ovulated twice.  A friend of mine does charting and got pregnant from the second ovulation.

lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM

honestly this looks wonky to me. It seems to have drawn your coverline in the wrong place o_O

Quoting kristinas8:

Mobile Photo

Temp dropped this morning and ff moved the cross hairs and made it uncertain again.

Seabreeze9
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Hmm, I have always had peak mucus two days before the high temp. Once I have the high temp my mucus is back to normal. I always waited until I had high temps for two full days and then sex on the third high temp day. Nfp has always worked for me. For years! My cycles have always been super consistent. I only got a two month break after my daughter was born. Ebf and still right on time every month. I guess according to your info I should have waited another full day to match up with the temp stuff.

I have never had a problem with this in the past. It's nuts. I really believe that this baby meant to happen. I am not usually the fate type but the universe decided I needed this soul in my care.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

taking charge of your fertility has you wait 4 days after peak mucus to ensure its drying up, and 3 days after high temp to ensure you ovulated. If both rules are used there won't be an oops! :)

Quoting Seabreeze9:

I wish someone had told me this ;) I was told to wait at least two days. Whelp that didn't work out so hot.

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

You could have ovulated twice, thats how fraternal twins happen. My NFP instructor said not to have sex for at least 4 days after ovulation just incase.

Quoting kristinas8:

When I saw it in the toilet I started to freak. Then I told myself no I'm not going there then this morning ff did that and now I'm there. Grrrr

lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

The eggwhite is usually indicating ovulation is close not necessarily that you are ovulating. The high temp that stays high then confirms ovulation. But you need 4 days of dryermucus and 3 days high temps to confirm. And then at 6pm on the 3rd day you can have sex. This is the buffer to ensure nothing irregular happens.

If you are sure of your cycle and have been doing it for a year+ then you can probably trust what you've seen. What I said are the rules to absolutely prevent any oops ever. But the idea is to watch fertility signs and confirm fertility on that, because it can change from month to month.

:) im with you. SOmetimes its just way beyond our control. Look at the people who get sterilized and end up with babies. SOmetimes babies know more than us! :P

Quoting Seabreeze9:

Hmm, I have always had peak mucus two days before the high temp. Once I have the high temp my mucus is back to normal. I always waited until I had high temps for two full days and then sex on the third high temp day. Nfp has always worked for me. For years! My cycles have always been super consistent. I only got a two month break after my daughter was born. Ebf and still right on time every month. I guess according to your info I should have waited another full day to match up with the temp stuff.

I have never had a problem with this in the past. It's nuts. I really believe that this baby meant to happen. I am not usually the fate type but the universe decided I needed this soul in my care.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting Seabreeze9:

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

Quoting kristinas8:

kristinas8
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Well, my period started today right on time with when I originonlly thought I ovulated. Wheh! Still totally confused about my mucus.

kristinas8
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Well I thought I did. But it seems I'm just spotting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)