Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Bad Diaper rash, What to do?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have pics of it but wasn't sure if it'd be ok to post. It is of her vajayjay. It's been on going on, off and on for about 2 months now. She goes to the Doc first of May so I hate to take her now and then go back then but I've tried everything I know of. I tried making a baking soda paste with water that I read about and used it today and boy is it even redder than it was. I don't know if it's just rash or yeast. I've been using nystantin and then another yeast cream prescribed and also desitin and zinc oxide. I'm using body wash for sensitive skin and I've changed brands of diapers and thats done nothing. I was using cloth diapers but that seemed to make it worse. Not sure what to do now. :-( Please let me know if I can post pics cause someone may be able to tell whether it's yeast or not... But either way the yeast stuff hasn't seemed to make a difference. :-/

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seabreeze9
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I am really sorry. I have never had a rash like that. When my baby has had a rash I used earth mama angel baby butt balm or grandma el's. I would soak her in a sitz bath with warm breast milk and water. Like 6oz.

I hope you find out what is causing it and get rid of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mitzi31
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Thank you. Unfortunately I haven't been pumping but for about 2 weeks and have only gotten about 3 oz's saved up. I should have been pumping before now but for the past 8 months I just didnt' have the good pump to do it with. I will try to pump after each of her feedings for the next few days and see if I can get some more oz. I could also try just a sitz bath and see how that works. :-)

Quoting Seabreeze9:

I am really sorry. I have never had a rash like that. When my baby has had a rash I used earth mama angel baby butt balm or grandma el's. I would soak her in a sitz bath with warm breast milk and water. Like 6oz.

Seabreeze9
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you can just rub some breast milk on it rather than the sitz bath. Not that you can't still do a sitz bath I'm just not sure what would work best for that. :)

Quoting Mitzi31:

Thank you. Unfortunately I haven't been pumping but for about 2 weeks and have only gotten about 3 oz's saved up. I should have been pumping before now but for the past 8 months I just didnt' have the good pump to do it with. I will try to pump after each of her feedings for the next few days and see if I can get some more oz. I could also try just a sitz bath and see how that works. :-)

Quoting Seabreeze9:

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Oatmeal bath or Epsom salts.. Also coconut oil on the rash. When was the last time you stripped your dipes? Also your detergent could be giving her a rash or a new food... Good luck!
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM

DO you use cloth or sposies?

Mitzi31
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I was using cloth till this rash started about 2 months ago and now i ve been using sposies cause they wick better and I waz worried about the detergent. Id stripped them several times before though. I think she's kepping this rash cause I have yeast in my milk ducts. I'm taking diflucan now so we will see if that helps. Her rash is starting to look better. :-)

Quoting JoJoBean8:

JeniJonas
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Coconut oil and let it air out.
Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Take a quality probiotic too.

Quoting Mitzi31:

I was using cloth till this rash started about 2 months ago and now i ve been using sposies cause they wick better and I waz worried about the detergent. Id stripped them several times before though. I think she's kepping this rash cause I have yeast in my milk ducts. I'm taking diflucan now so we will see if that helps. Her rash is starting to look better. :-)

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope it gets better!

ImNotKarl
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I use Baby Balm made locally by Sierra Sage Naturals. It's cloth diaper safe, can be ordered online, and my mom friends and I call it baby crack. My midwives gave it to me for my son, and I now give it to all of my mom friends. My best friend's daughter had a rash so bad her skin cracked and was bleeding and it cleared it right up in 4 days. It's all natural and won't chap the skin more, just condition it and keep the moisture off of it.

I'd reccommend giving it a try. It's AWESOME.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN