Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

You have to try this!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 30 Replies
2 moms liked this

So I have two toddlers that stain everything and me. And I was using some stupid free and clear detergent that got nothing out. So I found Earth Griendly Ecos at Sams, that has like five ingredients and based with coconut oil! And all the previous stains are GONE. and All my clothes have magically gotten brighter !!!! Seriously you have to check it out. And it has a wonderful ingredient list. I believe Walmart and Natural Grocers sell as well! Anyone else love it?

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaPrime
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I stopped buying stain removers and detergents. I have been living with baking soda and vinegar (peroxide where needed) for the last year. But when my LO gets a little more...gross (he's only 2) that might change. So it's great to know that you found something that worked!

AlwaysKISA
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Awesome! Thanks so much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I've never noticed it at sams, but I will definitely look for it next time I go. Thanks!
Think it will work well for diapers?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM

YES. Ive had huge problems with diapers smelling and not rinsing well. This cured all my problems! Yeah I saw it too and I thought it might not work since its earth friendly, but its waay better than the detergent, stain stick and and washing soda I was using.

Quoting almondpigeon:

I've never noticed it at sams, but I will definitely look for it next time I go. Thanks!

almondpigeon
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM

i have a horrible time with diapers too!  it's the only reason i hate using cloth.  i'm going to buy it this weekend!!

Quoting lifeforchrist:

YES. Ive had huge problems with diapers smelling and not rinsing well. This cured all my problems! Yeah I saw it too and I thought it might not work since its earth friendly, but its waay better than the detergent, stain stick and and washing soda I was using.

Quoting almondpigeon:

lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I tried baking soda and vinegar for a while, but I go to a laundrymat so it really didn't work for us having to wait every two weeks to wash clothes. So this was very friendly for us. :) But I swear my mil can get out absoluetly any stain with vinegar and baking soda. She is seriously amazing at laundry.

Quoting MamaPrime:

I stopped buying stain removers and detergents. I have been living with baking soda and vinegar (peroxide where needed) for the last year. But when my LO gets a little more...gross (he's only 2) that might change. So it's great to know that you found something that worked!

lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Yeah I was having to go between detergents otherwise they clogged. I'd buy the stuff and run it through like 4 times to get them clean the first time, and then mess with how much you use by trial and error. I find different temperatures and water yield different results. SO just play around. But seriously it made my life so much easier, especially since the old stuff kept giving my children rashes :(

Quoting almondpigeon:

i have a horrible time with diapers too!  it's the only reason i hate using cloth.  i'm going to buy it this weekend!!

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting almondpigeon:

almondpigeon
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM

my kids keep rashes when using cloth!  i never thought about it being the detergent because it's a free & clear.  their little butts get so red & raw, i have to switch to disposable every few days just to give them time to heal.  i ordered some diaper detergent from cottonbaby.com, but i haven't gotten it yet.  i also picked up some "natural" detergent from target this past weekend.  i used it yesterday on the diapers, so, we'll see how it works. 

and the smell -- dear god, the smell!  we have a front loader HE washer & i have to literally pour extra water in there using a bucket.  AND then wash them 3 & 4 times.  it's a serious pain in the butt.  i think i would give up on them completely if i weren't so stubborn about it.  (not to mention the small fortune we have invested in them)

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Yeah I was having to go between detergents otherwise they clogged. I'd buy the stuff and run it through like 4 times to get them clean the first time, and then mess with how much you use by trial and error. I find different temperatures and water yield different results. SO just play around. But seriously it made my life so much easier, especially since the old stuff kept giving my children rashes :(

Quoting almondpigeon:

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting almondpigeon:

lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:08 PM

HE washers are the worst for cloth diapers. I literally gave up on them for a while and washed my hand. Until my child started solids, then I wasn't so into that. lol.

I find even with free and clear that it honestly doesn't rinse out unless you do it 4-5x and even then over time it just clogs and they smell horrible. Especially right after peeing. So I had to keep switching detergent to try and wash the previous detergent out.

I also had to keep switching to disposables because my oldest would just be raw! We even quit cloth for a while because I was so frustrated. I'd strip and strip to just find it happening again. Half my problem was I share washers so their nasty detergent gets stuck in my diapers. But this stuff being a coconut oil base rinses smoothly from the diapers and leaves them so much softer. I haven't tried any target brands. Let me know if they work for you. The biggest problem i have with most detergents is they just don't rinse well. And i've also heard that the chemicals they add to the water can be a contributing factor. But so far we are happy!

When I washed my clothes with this stuff it was as though my clothes had been so gummed up with the previous soap that it made the colors appear faded, but once I used this stuff i could suddenly see how bright the fabric was again!

Quoting almondpigeon:

my kids keep rashes when using cloth!  i never thought about it being the detergent because it's a free & clear.  their little butts get so red & raw, i have to switch to disposable every few days just to give them time to heal.  i ordered some diaper detergent from cottonbaby.com, but i haven't gotten it yet.  i also picked up some "natural" detergent from target this past weekend.  i used it yesterday on the diapers, so, we'll see how it works. 

and the smell -- dear god, the smell!  we have a front loader HE washer & i have to literally pour extra water in there using a bucket.  AND then wash them 3 & 4 times.  it's a serious pain in the butt.  i think i would give up on them completely if i weren't so stubborn about it.  (not to mention the small fortune we have invested in them)

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting almondpigeon:

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting almondpigeon:

almondpigeon
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I know I need to find more hobbies because i am getting so excited to try this detergent, lol.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

HE washers are the worst for cloth diapers. I literally gave up on them for a while and washed my hand. Until my child started solids, then I wasn't so into that. lol.

I find even with free and clear that it honestly doesn't rinse out unless you do it 4-5x and even then over time it just clogs and they smell horrible. Especially right after peeing. So I had to keep switching detergent to try and wash the previous detergent out.

I also had to keep switching to disposables because my oldest would just be raw! We even quit cloth for a while because I was so frustrated. I'd strip and strip to just find it happening again. Half my problem was I share washers so their nasty detergent gets stuck in my diapers. But this stuff being a coconut oil base rinses smoothly from the diapers and leaves them so much softer. I haven't tried any target brands. Let me know if they work for you. The biggest problem i have with most detergents is they just don't rinse well. And i've also heard that the chemicals they add to the water can be a contributing factor. But so far we are happy!

When I washed my clothes with this stuff it was as though my clothes had been so gummed up with the previous soap that it made the colors appear faded, but once I used this stuff i could suddenly see how bright the fabric was again!

Quoting almondpigeon:

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting almondpigeon:

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting almondpigeon:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN