Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I don't want to go to the hospital!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I've just about risked out on my midwife's care.  I actually have two of them who both work at a birth center.  They only risk out due to laws (like high bp readings), or when they have a gut feeling that something isn't right and they want an OB's opinion.  My primary midwife said that usually, when she has a gut feeling something is off, it usually is.  They've been running a bunch of tests, and the last BPP showed that baby was okay.  That was last Thursday.  But my kidneys are getting worse and worse, and they want me to have this baby before the weekend or they're wanting to send me to an OB, who will probably induce.  My midwives are trying to induce naturally, using methods that only work when your body is ready, but nothing is working.  I'd rather have a longer labor at the birth center with them, rather than an induction at a hospital. 

I'm taking lots of EPO, done chiropractic and acupuncture, drinking the RLT, and using some herbs off an on whenever I go in to see them.  Sex isn't an option since my husband is recovering from surgery. 

Is there anything else I can do?  I'm officially at 39+3 today, although based on the day I ovulated I'm due in two days.  I had my first baby at 39+4.

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Replies (11-19):
corbysmom531
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Cod liver oil?  I've heard of castor oil, but not that.  I can stomach the cod liver oil, but not castor oil.  I didn't know any better with my first, and I used castor oil to induce labor.  Nothing happened, so the next day I took tons of it.  I will never touch that stuff again till my life depends on it!  lol  I was puking for two days, not to mention the other stuff that comes with it. 

Quoting paganmommy4:

Its gross but Cod Liver Oil in a glass of juice ( two tablespoons) only if your body is ready and it usually works in 12-24 hours

corbysmom531
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!  I try to do walking, but my feet are so swollen that any amount of walking is extremely painful.  My ankles are so swollen that I can't really bed them, which makes me walk funny.  lol  I can only handle about ten minutes before I'm done.

Quoting May-mom:

try going for walks, the fresh air is relaxing and the movement might help get things going... good luck!

ktp111
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Listen to some music tapes and nature sounds like waves on the beach, that always relaxes me to the point of sleep. For you it may just help to get the baby coming.

issoaisavi5
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Although you want a natural birth, your health and the baby's well being need to take precendent (sp?). Especially, If something is medically wrong with you, like your kidneys.

corbysmom531
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I agree, which is why I won't decline an induction if it becomes necessary.  It's not to that point yet though.

Quoting issoaisavi5:

Although you want a natural birth, your health and the baby's well being need to take precendent (sp?). Especially, If something is medically wrong with you, like your kidneys.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:09 PM

hope it happens naturally!

Magnolia7
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:53 PM

What exactly is the kidney problem?  And how will being induced under an OB's care help? Those are things I'd be certain to ask before making any decisions.

awesomemommy2
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Nipple stimulation or masturbation?

corbysmom531
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM

My kidneys are not processing fluids in good time.  That's causing severe dehydration and massive swelling.  The more I drink, the worse it gets.  It's probably caused by sjogrens, but we don't know for sure. 

Delivering the baby will take the stress off of my kidneys so they can recover before it gets too bad.

Quoting Magnolia7:

What exactly is the kidney problem?  And how will being induced under an OB's care help? Those are things I'd be certain to ask before making any decisions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)