Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Reading finger nails. Attn: mrs salz

Posted by   + Show Post
From Prescription For nutritional Healing

*hang nails- lack of protein, folic acid, and vit c
*white band across nails- protein deficiency
*dryness and brittleness- lack calcium and vit a
*fragility, horizontal/vertical ridges- deficiency in b vitamins
*excessively dry, rounded and curved nails- lack vit b12
*spoon or concave nails and/or vertical ridges- iron deficiency (you can also test iron by pressing on a nail bed, when you let go the pink color should return immediately if you have sufficient iron)
*white spots- zinc deficiency
*fungus- lack of lactobacilli (good bacteria)
*splitting nails- lack of hydrochloric acid (HCl)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Replies (11-16):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for posting this!

Quoting Sarah725:

Also I wanted to know about the hyrochloric acid (HCL), so I looked it up and was happy to find this.

Apple Cider Vinegar

A food source that is high in hydrochloric acid is apple cider vinegar. The website Aim for Health estimates that one to 10 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar combined with a glass of water can increase hydrochloric acid production in the body. This vinegar mixture can help you rapidly break down any food consumed during a meal. It is important to remember that drinking undiluted apple cider vinegar can burn your throat, so you should always dilute the vinegar with water or add it to a meal before ingesting it. If you experience a burning sensation in your throat while consuming apple cider vinegar, you can counteract its acidity by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water or drinking a glass of milk.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/292143-what-foods-are-high-in-hydrochloric-acid/#ixzz2QmCqe59Q

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM

i always have hangnails!!! and is that the white band at the bottom of the nails. I thought that was normal?

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM
The half moon is normal, it's got significance too, but I don't remember what. I'll ask the nail girls I work with. I know the bigger the better.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

i always have hangnails!!! and is that the white band at the bottom of the nails. I thought that was normal?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I drink ACV almost everyday. I'm one of those weird people who like the taste. For health reasons the ACV must have the mother. I really like Braags.

Quoting Sarah725:

Also I wanted to know about the hyrochloric acid (HCL), so I looked it up and was happy to find this.

Apple Cider Vinegar

A food source that is high in hydrochloric acid is apple cider vinegar. The website Aim for Health estimates that one to 10 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar combined with a glass of water can increase hydrochloric acid production in the body. This vinegar mixture can help you rapidly break down any food consumed during a meal. It is important to remember that drinking undiluted apple cider vinegar can burn your throat, so you should always dilute the vinegar with water or add it to a meal before ingesting it. If you experience a burning sensation in your throat while consuming apple cider vinegar, you can counteract its acidity by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water or drinking a glass of milk.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/292143-what-foods-are-high-in-hydrochloric-acid/#ixzz2QmCqe59Q

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM
I know the mother is super important, but I don't know why. Do you know why?

Quoting illegallyblonde:

I drink ACV almost everyday. I'm one of those weird people who like the taste. For health reasons the ACV must have the mother. I really like Braags.

Quoting Sarah725:

Apple Cider Vinegar

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I'm not sure exactly why either. I guess I contains all the foodstuff. Check out http://bragg.com/books/acv_excerpt.html for more info. Maybe they explain it there.

Quoting jellyphish:

I know the mother is super important, but I don't know why. Do you know why?

Quoting illegallyblonde:

Quoting Sarah725:

Apple Cider Vinegar

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN