Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Has anyone heard about this? From what I understand it's on sale at a few Targets and will be coming to other stores soon.

http://store.upspringbaby.com/product-p/msc-b.htm

UPDATE

The product is being discontinued!

http://www.milkscreen.com/mba-information

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Replies (31-34):
Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, they took pumping output and assessed baby's weight gain patterns. Originally it sounded like they just gave an adequate/inadequate response but it sounds like it was a little more detailed than that.

From their website:

Technical Basis of Milkscreen Assessment

Developed by medical and breastfeeding experts, the test is based on a peer reviewed, published scientific study which uses pumping as the collection method.  Though breast milk volume generated from pumping can be different than that generated from feeding at the breast, this process provides a reasonable estimate of mom’s daily production.  In addition to milk collection, the test asks mom approximately 30 questions about her breastfeeding habits as well as baby’s weight gain.  All of this information is used to generate a personalized report, which identifies any breastfeeding issues and gives suggestions on overcoming them, which always includes a referral to a breastfeeding professional.   Our goal was to reassure mothers who have a normal or even high supply, and to provide encouragement, support, and direction to those who have low supply.

Quoting JMmama:

How did it "work" to begin with? It's already off the website but I am curious how they tried to predict women's supply.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:43 PM

YAY

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

With my 3rd son he had low weight gain and I had low pump output, we did before and after weights for 48 hours and found my son was taking over 30 oz a day and they tested my milk and it was 36 calories an ounce..he was just a tiny thing and my body hated the pump

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

If I'm remembering correctly, they took pumping output and assessed baby's weight gain patterns. Originally it sounded like they just gave an adequate/inadequate response but it sounds like it was a little more detailed than that.

From their website:

Technical Basis of Milkscreen Assessment

Developed by medical and breastfeeding experts, the test is based on a peer reviewed, published scientific study which uses pumping as the collection method.  Though breast milk volume generated from pumping can be different than that generated from feeding at the breast, this process provides a reasonable estimate of mom’s daily production.  In addition to milk collection, the test asks mom approximately 30 questions about her breastfeeding habits as well as baby’s weight gain.  All of this information is used to generate a personalized report, which identifies any breastfeeding issues and gives suggestions on overcoming them, which always includes a referral to a breastfeeding professional.   Our goal was to reassure mothers who have a normal or even high supply, and to provide encouragement, support, and direction to those who have low supply.

Quoting JMmama:

How did it "work" to begin with? It's already off the website but I am curious how they tried to predict women's supply.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I was so happy to see it being discontinued!!! WOOHOO for moms stepping up to speak up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)