Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

ebf poop question

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

8 week old DS doesn't have seedy poop like DS1 did. It smells like ebf poop and is the right color, but it's just liquidy. Is this ok?

He had a dairy sensitivity that we've fixed and I've been wondering if he's sensitive to something else since his colic is gone but he's still a pretty fussy baby.

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:18 PM

My daughter's is like that too.  It's mostly liquidy with stringy stuff, barely any "seedy" looking type stuff. :/ She turned 2 months on the 13th and is EBF as well.

JadeTigr7
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Katara's isn't seedy either.  It's more like a really really runny pasty like poop.  It's the right color though, and smells the way it should.

larissalarie
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I think it would be odd if it WERE still seedy at 8 weeks . None of my 3 (only one with a dairy sensitivity) had seedy poop by then.
As long as they aren't pooping hard, dry pellets there's no reason to worry about it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM

As long as there seems to be no problems otherwise, I wouldn't think there was a need to worry.

GoodyBrook
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Quoting larissalarie:

I think it would be odd if it WERE still seedy at 8 weeks . None of my 3 (only one with a dairy sensitivity) had seedy poop by then.
As long as they aren't pooping hard, dry pellets there's no reason to worry about it :)

When does it normally stop being seedy? 

DS2 hasn't had seedy poop in nearly a month (he's 13 weeks)m and then all of a sudden he had a couple diapers of it...  I'm not worried, but I was surprised to see it return.

Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Interesting, I don't remember when DS1's stopped being seedy.

Quoting larissalarie:

sm12
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM

my son had the same problem.  I was told to stop eating dairy, wheat, soy, gassy foods and eggs for weeks but that did not help.  I also wasn't super strict about it.  Anyway it continued and i ebf until he was 9 months then switched to simila sensitive and his poop started getting firmer then right after he turned one and started eating more food his poop was rock hard every day and after running tests confirmed he is dairy intolerant.  the similac helped my son but it was not dairy free, it was only lactose free. So have you bay tested.  Good luck.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM
DS didn't really have seedy poop.
larissalarie
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM
It's hard to remember exactly since I've never been one to worry about poop, but it seems like the seedy stuff was completely over with within 3 weeks?

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Quoting larissalarie:

When does it normally stop being seedy? 

DS2 hasn't had seedy poop in nearly a month (he's 13 weeks)m and then all of a sudden he had a couple diapers of it...  I'm not worried, but I was surprised to see it return.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachelrothchild
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Sophy's isn't seedy anymore either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN