Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just started cloth diapering a little over a week ago (despite my hubby being 100% against it) and right now I am so frustrated. So far it has been fine washing the dipes every other day and there really hasn't been any stink until today. I've washed the wetbags and load of dipes about 4 times today and they still smell to me. I don't know if maybe its b/c I actually have done cloth for nighttime the past 2 nights, and maybe the hemp doubler is holding onto the pee smell? I have no idea but I will be so sad if my dh was right and I just wasted money trying to be better on the environment and on our budget in the long run. Also I am so confused about what is and isn't safe to use as laundry detergent and I really want to stick with homemade stuff. I have been so excited about going more natural and today I just want to cry because I feel like its going to backfire and my dh is not supportive of this at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Replies (31-35):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM

vinegar is evil with hard water it makes stink worse, calgon softens your water its great..we use that and tide without diapers in HARD water

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:49 PM
SOunds like a detergent issue. The only thing that keeps the stink out for us is Tide and it has to be powder.
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:49 PM

You'll figure it out. Figuring out a wash routine is always an on going process. 

hapababies
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I know, right? Lol

Quoting JoJoBean8:

You'll figure it out. Figuring out a wash routine is always an on going process. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I wish this worked on my diapers but it never did. Even with stripping with it. We must have hard water

Quoting 3kidz123:

Did you try a vinigar soak? Atleast once a week I soak mine in a water and white vinigar bath and that always got any smell out of mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)