Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

what the heck is up with people like this

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 30 Replies

Ok so I'm a pretty natural parent...not perfect but pretty natural with everything. I'm a very natural birther I didn't want ANY meds I only had an IV because they made me (and i didnt know i could refuse it). I'm an avid breastfeeder and very particular about when and how my baby starts soids. I dont use medicine unless really necessary. Im also very specific with car seat safety. I extended rear face and extended harness. OMG my sister is the exact opposite and KILLING ME!!! She thinks just because  was only at the hospital a few hours i didnt go through a "real" labor". She doesnt realize i labored at home all day. And yes i was blessed with going from a 3 to a 10 in 15 minutes andI realie that but i still went through hard labor to get there and didnt once ask for pain management. however she insists i asked for an epidural but didnt have time to get it. HELLO I was the one in pain i think i remember my own delivery and birth better than you!! UGH!! And she thinks theres no problem with an epidural because "it doesnt hurt the baby". now she claims shes going to breastfeed but I dont think she'll stick with it but we will see. Oh and today she also decided she wants ot ask her MIDWIFE if she can have a SCHEUDLED C-section!!! Even though shes had no issues with this pregnancy at all she wants to hav her baby cut out of her because it would be easier. Shes just plain crazy! And while she did listen to me about rearfacing till at least 2 she said she would follow whatever was suggested....but im still affraid she'll jsut follow the law of 1 and 20lbs. And she tried to get me to buy my 33 lb 4 year old a backless booster..what the hell is she thinking my daughter will be like 10 when she gets in a backless boosterif that lol.....sorry vent over :)

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAHM927
by Lesly on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I am sorry. That is so frustrated. I laughed out loud at a scheduled c-section with her midwife... I would love to see the midwife's expression. 

moogsmom03
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Why do u care so much what she says and thinks ? Let her do her thing and you do yours. I personally don't see why it matters what choices other parents make as long as they're trying their best and the kids are happy and healthy. I personally would never have another child without some good drugs and I've done it both ways. However I don't care what anyone thinks of my choices because they belong to me.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:41 PM
It's easier to birth and heal from a hole that's cut through your abdominal muscles and uterus than to birth and heal from a hole that's already there? I don't follow that logic. Does she have any classes scheduled? In mine we were shown a video of a c/s, hopefully shell see one before she makes that decision. And hopefully her mw will talk some sense into her.
Plus, she gives you crap about not having experience a real birth, but wants to forego labor altogether? I also don't understand that. Clearly
She hasn't read up on any of this stuff, I hope she changes her mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM
It is hard to not let it get to you. So many people just don't care to know the truth and if they do they care it ignore it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Lol I was thinking the same thing!

Quoting jellyphish:

It's easier to birth and heal from a hole that's cut through your abdominal muscles and uterus than to birth and heal from a hole that's already there? I don't follow that logic. Does she have any classes scheduled? In mine we were shown a video of a c/s, hopefully shell see one before she makes that decision. And hopefully her mw will talk some sense into her.

Plus, she gives you crap about not having experience a real birth, but wants to forego labor altogether? I also don't understand that. Clearly

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JocelynsMama1
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM

thats what i told her....after telling her how ridiculous she was i then said and youll need to switch to an ob I doubt ANY midwife is going to give you that option

Quoting SAHM927:

I am sorry. That is so frustrated. I laughed out loud at a scheduled c-section with her midwife... I would love to see the midwife's expression. 

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

JocelynsMama1
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:43 AM

some things i think your a stupid parent if you dont follow and others i could care less....epidural i could care less but she shouldnt act like my labor was a peice of cake so thats why i didnt need it thats what pisses me off....and i think she is an idiot if she gets a scheduled c section or doesnt at least rear face till 2....everything else doesnt bother me as much i was jsut showing how completely different we are

Quoting moogsmom03:

Why do u care so much what she says and thinks ? Let her do her thing and you do yours. I personally don't see why it matters what choices other parents make as long as they're trying their best and the kids are happy and healthy. I personally would never have another child without some good drugs and I've done it both ways. However I don't care what anyone thinks of my choices because they belong to me.

JocelynsMama1
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:49 AM

i dont thinks she knows a single thing i mean just a few months ago she didnt even know you have to breastfeed or use formula till the baby is 1....who doesnt know that lol....but at frist she said she wasnt takin classes because if i didnt and didnt need them then she must not LOL.....but last night she said her midwife has been talking to her about them and she might.....so hopefully she takes them and someone straightens her out

Quoting jellyphish:

MegMonsterMomma
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I don't even know where to start with that...

Why do people think c-sections are easier?! I know plenty of women who ended up with c-sections when they wanted to do things naturally, and they could barely walk after!!

JocelynsMama1
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:18 AM

i think she wants to do it hardest to say shes shes stronger than me like if she shas c section she will forever say well i had my baby cut out of me and i could handle it....or if she has an epidural she will just say well me labor was longer you couldnt have handled it if you were in labor as long as me......if that makes sense....providing shes at the hospital longer than i was...forget how long i labored at home

Quoting MegMonsterMomma:

I don't even know where to start with that...

Why do people think c-sections are easier?! I know plenty of women who ended up with c-sections when they wanted to do things naturally, and they could barely walk after!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)