Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Eczema help

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have horrible horrible eczema on my hands. I have tried jojoba oil vit e oil coconut oil breastmilk nothing has helped. Any other ideas? My aunt suggested miracell oil but I'm not too sure about it. I'm still breastfeeding so I need it to be safe. Please suggestions welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaTasha1003
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:22 PM

The other day I stumbled on something that said Apple Cider Vinegar can help eczema..

My DD has it, she gets it in the bends of her arms on occasion. Have not had the chance to use ACV though.

larissalarie
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I had a hideous rash on my hands that wouldn't go away for months. Considering if you get to the real root of chronic skin disorders, it's usually dietary, or environmental I looked at my options: it wasn't detergent or lotions, and the biggest dietary culprit- dairy, was already not in my diet. So the next big offender on the list was wheat/gluten. Within a week of giving it up, my hands were significantly improved.
So what I'm saying is don't just treat symptoms, find the cause :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurade024
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Thanks!! I have eliminated dairy as well. I've stopped bread and pasta pretty much left veggies and meat. I've been under a great deal of stress so that could be contributing. N I have eliminated all the detergents etc. so frustrating

Quoting larissalarie:

I had a hideous rash on my hands that wouldn't go away for months. Considering if you get to the real root of chronic skin disorders, it's usually dietary, or environmental I looked at my options: it wasn't detergent or lotions, and the biggest dietary culprit- dairy, was already not in my diet. So the next big offender on the list was wheat/gluten. Within a week of giving it up, my hands were significantly improved.

So what I'm saying is don't just treat symptoms, find the cause :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Have you tried hazelwood?

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Coconut oil helps with my eczema. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I'm sorry that's no fun.  I'm sure the stress is greatly contributing to it :( I know Melaleuca has a product that they claim helps that but it didn't do much for my niece.  If you try the Apple Cider Vinegar let us know how it works!

GoodyBrook
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Look into Emu Oil.  I recently purchased some (I've had good luck with it curing burns), and the literature says that it's helpful with both eczema and psoriasis....

mjrex87
by Mindy on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM

DD had eczema really bad on her feet and nothing was helping until we got her a hazelwood necklace. It literally disappeared in a matter of days. I know they make necklaces for adults too, so I think that would be worth a shot.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I agree its most likely dietary, but just so you do know usually topical creams are safe when nursing no matter what not enough gets into your blood stream to hurt baby
Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Eczema is often dietary - usually a reaction to dairy or wheat but can also be from soy, eggs, corn, or sugar. Try an elimination diet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN