Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi all...and a question

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:24 PM
  • 32 Replies

Hey. Thanks ladies for letting me take a break. Not reading about pregnancy and birth everyday has allowed me to relax on the whole ttc thing. Just wanted to update and ask a quick quesiton.

I graduated school last month. Ethan is in the process of seeking an autism diagnosis and has started recieving OT once a week in addition to his speech. We are moving in June back to Ohio and dh will be active reserves instead of active duty military.

quick question...my dad was recently diagnosde with an agressive form of melanoma. With summer coming up, I need some good recommendations on sunscreen or alternatives. None of us burn the way my dad does and from what i've read, that's the biggest factor in avoiding skin cancer, but just to be on the safe side...what do you recommend?

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM
My dad died from an aggressive melanoma, and I think about this a lot. I keep my family protected from the sun with shade and hats and clothing, and I actually avoid sunscreen as much as possible because if all the nasty stuff in it. When I do use it, I use a natural one.
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:09 PM
EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:22 PM
We are outside so much that always staying covered just isnt possible. I ride horses and well ds is a typical toddler. Lol. Im grateful that our new backyard wil
Have plenty of shade though

Quoting ceckyl:

My dad died from an aggressive melanoma, and I think about this a lot. I keep my family protected from the sun with shade and hats and clothing, and I actually avoid sunscreen as much as possible because if all the nasty stuff in it. When I do use it, I use a natural one.
EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Thanks. Why do inalways forget about wellnessmama when I need her? Lol

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

http://wellnessmama.com/2558/natural-homemade-sunscreen-recipe/

So sorry to hear about your dad :(

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:27 PM
And im sorry about your dad. I avoid sunscreens too and he always lathered them on. They are not very natural friendly and I think thay lifestyle is catching up to them. :(

Quoting ceckyl:

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Read the link and im gonna get the stuff but I think we already follow the other tips very well. I always try to bring us in before bruning would start. Ds didnt have any sunscreen last year and never burnt. Even at the water park. I almost puked when I read the article in fitness magazine on skin care. So much garbage. My dad did every one of their recommendations and look where it got him.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

http://wellnessmama.com/2558/natural-homemade-sunscreen-recipe/

So sorry to hear about your dad :(

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Oh we spend the majority of our time outside, don't get me wrong.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

We are outside so much that always staying covered just isnt possible. I ride horses and well ds is a typical toddler. Lol. Im grateful that our new backyard wil

Have plenty of shade though

Quoting ceckyl:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Congats on graduating!  Wow sorry about your dad.  Maybe burts bees has a product.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM

We used to have a membership to Melaleuca so we have sunscreen stocked up from them.

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Welcome back.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)