Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So homebirthing mommas did you write birth plans? If so could you share them? In the next month or so my midwife asked for hubs and i to write our birthplan and  I am curious what others looked like for a homebirth.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Replies (11-14):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Yep!!! Takes a lot of weight off my shoulders!

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Isn't it awesome to have a practicioner who really cares about you and your wishes, and you don't have to write much down because she already does the things you want? :)

Quoting Precious333:

I didnt write a birth plan.for my homebirths, because my midwives were on the same page as me, so it didnt seem necessary. This time my midwife gave me a paper with several questions to consider. I know the most important things will remain the same, but I am not sure about other details such as if the kids will be present.

For me i just made sure they would be hands off, let me push how i wanted, dh catch the baby,.delayed cord clamping and on my chest right away. It really doesnt have to be complicated with a homebirth.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Thats how it will be with me because I love the example plan that she normally goes by lol...we honestly dont need to change a thing about her normal practices

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Isn't it awesome to have a practicioner who really cares about you and your wishes, and you don't have to write much down because she already does the things you want? :)

Quoting Precious333:

I didnt write a birth plan.for my homebirths, because my midwives were on the same page as me, so it didnt seem necessary. This time my midwife gave me a paper with several questions to consider. I know the most important things will remain the same, but I am not sure about other details such as if the kids will be present.

For me i just made sure they would be hands off, let me push how i wanted, dh catch the baby,.delayed cord clamping and on my chest right away. It really doesnt have to be complicated with a homebirth.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Thats great!!!!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Thats how it will be with me because I love the example plan that she normally goes by lol...we honestly dont need to change a thing about her normal practices

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Quoting Precious333:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I just wanted to make sure that others didnt go all out and i will look like a slacker for just using the plan she gave as an example lol.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)