Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

38 weeks- how do you cope?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 29 Replies
So I'm just about 38 weeks here and every single night I get to enjoy lots of nice strong BH's and crampiness. Aside from cleaning the house like a crazy person, and stocking the fridge/pantry like the world's gonna end, I'm patiently waiting out baby #3's arrival.

How do you deal with the last couple weeks? Resting? Nesting? All the above? (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Ha! Both mine were born at 42 weeks, so at 38 weeks I try to keep my mind FAR from being anxious. I'd be waiting a while.
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I'm close to 32 weeks and I'm anxious and uncomfortable. I already want my baby in my arms.
larissalarie
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Just chill and stop hoping for labor. Accepting that I was gonna be pregnant for a few more weeks and stopping the "oohh, is it going to be today?" game was the best.
The last few weeks of pregnancy are mainly mental, hang in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Nesting, and (as much as physically possible) doing things that take my mind off the baby - shopping for myself, pedicure, dinner with friends, etc.

Chiropractic visits and long baths with chocolate can make those last few weeks a lot better :)

katherinemcp
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Oh my gosh! My ds was three days past edd and dd was on her due date! So 38 weeks for me is definitely my cut off for having the house ready- but I'll wait him out, whatever time baking he needs is fine with me (:

Quoting ceckyl:

Ha! Both mine were born at 42 weeks, so at 38 weeks I try to keep my mind FAR from being anxious. I'd be waiting a while.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katherinemcp
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Long baths + chocolate = possibly the best idea EVER!!!! (:

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Nesting, and (as much as physically possible) doing things that take my mind off the baby - shopping for myself, pedicure, dinner with friends, etc.

Chiropractic visits and long baths with chocolate can make those last few weeks a lot better :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Mantra: baby is easier inside than outside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Yes just relax and take your mind off baby! Do a date night! It will probably be your last one for a while!

Quoting katherinemcp:

Oh my gosh! My ds was three days past edd and dd was on her due date! So 38 weeks for me is definitely my cut off for having the house ready- but I'll wait him out, whatever time baking he needs is fine with me (:

Quoting ceckyl:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I just tried to relax and get my body ready for the big day.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM

seriously no crying, no poopie diapers :)

Quoting jellyphish:

Mantra: baby is easier inside than outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN