Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I'm just about 38 weeks here and every single night I get to enjoy lots of nice strong BH's and crampiness. Aside from cleaning the house like a crazy person, and stocking the fridge/pantry like the world's gonna end, I'm patiently waiting out baby #3's arrival.

How do you deal with the last couple weeks? Resting? Nesting? All the above? (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (21-29):
catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Resting, nesting, and pretty much living in my jacuzzi bathtub.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

gamelas
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM

just let go.  my first was 40 weeks even, my twins 39 and the pain was tremendous, just "be"

littlelambe2
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM

At 38 weeks I wasn't even thinking of baby's arrival. My first came on her own at 41w2d and my second came on her own at 41w3d. I would keep busy during the day, and mindfully rest at night. I would practice purposefully relaxing while I was laying in my bed at night. That helped immensely with the real deal. With my first, I had prodromal labor (at least one contraction every hour) so those 4 days I just tried to rest, relax, and keep my mind off of the contractions as best I could. 

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I coped by crying, yelling, eating and then crying some more...
(I am not a very good final month of pregnancy woman)

But seriously, schedule fun things to do every 2-3 days : massage, dinner out with a friend, a shopping trip, pedicure, etc. having something to look forward to breaks up the monotony and anticipation during your final pregnancy days. Hang in there!! Won't be much longer!!
lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I didn't. I was in labor at 38 weeks :D

Brandy85412
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:43 PM
haha I was going to say that! with my third one I was not anxious to have baby out. I had a painful delivery with #2 and was more anxious about having 3 kids. I was happy to wait.

Quoting Sarah725:

seriously no crying, no poopie diapers :)

Quoting jellyphish:

Mantra: baby is easier inside than outside.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Nesting nesting nesting LOL!!! I cleaned like crazy and cooked lots of food for after baby was here. 

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Those are all good ways of coping! I gave myself enough to do to be busy

Quoting bloomsr:

I coped by crying, yelling, eating and then crying some more...
(I am not a very good final month of pregnancy woman)

But seriously, schedule fun things to do every 2-3 days : massage, dinner out with a friend, a shopping trip, pedicure, etc. having something to look forward to breaks up the monotony and anticipation during your final pregnancy days. Hang in there!! Won't be much longer!!

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Lol so true!

Quoting Brandy85412:

haha I was going to say that! with my third one I was not anxious to have baby out. I had a painful delivery with #2 and was more anxious about having 3 kids. I was happy to wait.

Quoting Sarah725:

seriously no crying, no poopie diapers :)

Quoting jellyphish:

Mantra: baby is easier inside than outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)