Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Why don't people know any better?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

A baby show is on and these people are talking about how they have to have a c-section because the last one was and they aren't happy about it but it is what it is. Why hasn't anyone told them they don't HAVE to?

Lilypie - (mwiW)

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Magnolia7
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

We must be watching the same one!  Honestly,  do not thnk their drs tell them.  Or they over a vbac with an attitude that discourages them.

VintageWife
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM

It just annoys me that people are straight out lied to instead of given options and the resources to study and decide for themselves. 

Quoting Magnolia7:

We must be watching the same one!  Honestly,  do not thnk their drs tell them.  Or they over a vbac with an attitude that discourages them.

SAHM927
by Lesly on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM

That is so frustrating, and unfortunate. These parents should have taken the time to educate themselves though. There are so many resources available to us! 

MamaPrime
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM
5 moms liked this

Because Doctors don't want to tell them, and these people think Doctors are as good as gods to their health because they don't want to take responsibility for their own!

Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this

They choose to be uneducated. In the information age, it's pretty hard not to find that kind of information if you go looking for it.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I was told I could try but my chances were not good and I was terrified from what happened to me the first time. I was separated from my oldest almost a day for no reason. They drugged me up with morphine so I was hallucinating. I wasn't successful with BF because they gave her formula and a pacifier. It was so traumatizing for me. It was a medically needed cesarean due to my placenta completely separating. I was put under andĀ everything. So it was due to my fear that I chose to not VBAC but my chances were not good at that hospital and I was uneducated at that point. I just wanted to BF successfully and not have my baby kept away from me. So I chose a repeat plannedone but the third Tomtime around I was educated.

Honestly I was told NOTHING only that I had a choice. That hospital was like a baby factory so I'm sure they would have ended up doing one anyways. Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CB3arr
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Depends on where you are too.  The hospital in my town doesn't do vbacs and there are no birthing centers.

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I had 2 sections because of doctors like this and I had NO support or guidance from natural minded moms like you :(
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Yep, many doctor's can't allow vbac because the hospital where they deliver has banned them. Where I grew up, they are banned :(
And let's be honest, very few women are willing to deliver out of the hospital, potentially unassisted, to get that vaginal birth.

Quoting CB3arr:

Depends on where you are too.  The hospital in my town doesn't do vbacs and there are no birthing centers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seabreeze9
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My first though was because they don't want to. Birth information is so easy to find. Those women that continue to make those kinds of choices choose to not look any further than their doctors or friends. In my personal experience women that are like that don't really want to hear that they have other options.

Women who want something different will look for additional information. I really try very hard to accept the women who choose to never look beyond what is the norm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)