Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tearing and re-suturing

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 17 Replies

Anyone ever have a perineal dehiscence and have it repaired? What happened?

The 2nd degree tear I got from DS1's birth was sutured and re-tore (presumably) during DS2's birth and didn't heal correctly. I've got an appointment coming up to get it looked it and fixed and I'm dreading it.

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I've never had any tearing in any of my deliveries. I'm sorry you've gotta go through this, good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM

My first birth I was cut and he (the OB) sutured it wrong..in my 2nd birth the doctor cut it and fixed it..BEST decision I ever made was asking him to do that...once sutured correctly it didnt hurt anymore and healed fast.

EpiFoam was heaven to treat the pain

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:26 PM

If you do decide to get it "fixed," have 'em knock you out!  Sitting through the repair of my 2nd degree tear immediately after birth hurt 100000% more than the birth itself!  Needles just don't belong in that area of my body, IMHO!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I was stitched after my first since the on call dr gave me an episiotomy(sp?) even though I said no to having it done. I was never the same after that until I had ds. I tore naturally and it healed great. I hope you get it fixed and heal quickly. 

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I'm really dreading the procedure but I think I'll be glad once it's healed and will be better in the long-term.

Is EpiFoam a prescription, or where can I get it?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

My first birth I was cut and he (the OB) sutured it wrong..in my 2nd birth the doctor cut it and fixed it..BEST decision I ever made was asking him to do that...once sutured correctly it didnt hurt anymore and healed fast.

EpiFoam was heaven to treat the pain

RADmomma
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I'm sorry!!!

I had a csection with dd1 and a vbac with dd2. I tore a small amount & those stitches were bad enough.

I hope you're feeling better ASAP & heal quickly.
ballerina.2006
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I had a 3rd degree episitomy with #1 then tore with #2 (not sure the degree but it wasn't bad). I haven't had issues with either of them except random itching from my body prepping for #3's delivery.

If it's an issue definitely get it looked at and fixed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Oh I remember it being sutured the first time. I declined the IV analgesics they offered and had a local injection. It hurt worse than the birth, for sure.

I'm a little scared about general but I guess I'll have to wait and see what she says at the appt.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

If you do decide to get it "fixed," have 'em knock you out!  Sitting through the repair of my 2nd degree tear immediately after birth hurt 100000% more than the birth itself!  Needles just don't belong in that area of my body, IMHO!

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM

It makes me nervous because what I understand, without talking to the doctor yet, is that they basically have to open the tissues (I'm assuming similar to an episiotomy) around the scar tissue so that the new cut can heal together. Ugh now I'm dreading it more.

I think I'll be glad to have it done in the long run. Hopefully.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I was stitched after my first since the on call dr gave me an episiotomy(sp?) even though I said no to having it done. I was never the same after that until I had ds. I tore naturally and it healed great. I hope you get it fixed and heal quickly. 

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Thanks, I hope so too!

Quoting RADmomma:

I'm sorry!!!

I had a csection with dd1 and a vbac with dd2. I tore a small amount & those stitches were bad enough.

I hope you're feeling better ASAP & heal quickly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)