Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Supplement for a 4 year old???

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you think this is to much for a 4 year old boy to take daily (he has bad allergies) 1,684mg of lactic acid yeast, 4,000IUs of vitamin D, 1/2 tsp of ascorbic acid, and 1 Softgel capsul of essential fatty acid??? I trust his ped and the allergist we took him too...it just seems like so much :(

this is supposed to "detox" the allergies from his body!

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM

That sounds like a lot.  Did they do some blood work to see that a 4yr old was so deficient that they would really need all of this. If so I would like to see the lab results!!

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Allergies are an unnecessary immune response the body has to benign things in the environment. You can't "detox" that, it's not an infection!
I would assume if medical doctors are saying that much supplementing is ok, it must be. They certainly wouldn't want to be liable if it isn't. But the rational for giving it is irrational.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jensep
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Yes they did, his eosinophil cells were just over 2250...his vitamin d levels were 23...but still not sure if all of this is necessary! I would love to eliminate his allergies all together rather than just put a "bandaid" on them and pretend they're not there anymore...ugh, not sure what to do...his ped and allergist are hollistic minded and don't recommend the harsh allergy meds for him, so idk???

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I have not heard of this.. but here is a BUMP.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Jensep
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Quoting Sarah725:

That sounds like a lot.  Did they do some blood work to see that a 4yr old was so deficient that they would really need all of this. If so I would like to see the lab results!!

Yes they did...see comment I posted 2/3 down from your original post...I forgot to quote you in on it!

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I answered in another group...  :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM

be careful I dont believe Cm allows advertizing

Quoting strawberryLVR:

i can help you, I teach essential oil classes and sell the strongest and most pure oils in the world. I can hook you up with some EASY ways to help him including a childrens vitamin with the most amazing stuff in it. it's the largest essential oil company in the world and the vitamins are the #1 seller. so to me it's the best vitamins in the world and when i am with out them i feel cruddy. email me i will help ya out

if u are on FB messag eme there! link below. HUGS

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Your-Journey-To-Health/562108100474070?ref=hl

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Thanks, so the eos's are about double what they should be.  3% is normal and for an absolute count of what he has he's probably at 7%.  That is where I am often at also with my seasonal allergies, nothing to be too concerned about.  His Vitamin D is low since 31 is the low range of normal.  But I'm not sure how bad that is for a child.  I mean 31 is the low end for an adult.  My vitamin D is 31.5 so I'm going to start taking vitamins every day for that but for a child I just might have them eat nutritiously for a year then get it rechecked.  I know it's a hard decision :(

Quoting Jensep:

Quoting Sarah725:

Yes they did...see comment I posted 2/3 down from your original post...I forgot to quote you in on it!

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I know you can't detox the body to fix seasonal allergies. You can use the GAPS diet to heal food allergies so it is possible that it could heal seasonal allergies too since it is an immune response. 

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I think for kids you supplement 1,000IU of vitamin D for 20 lbs of body weight

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)