Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Help! Pregnancy Swelling

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 28 Replies
Are there any ways to make it better? My hands are constantly asleep now, the right one to the point of being painful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:11 PM
:( sorry. All i can think of is that berries and other antioxidants help with blood flow and circulation. Maybe make smoothies everyday?
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. Maybe that's why it's suddenly so much worse. I was drinking a green & fruit smoothie everyday for the vitamins, but haven't in about 2 weeks now.

Quoting Precious333:

:( sorry. All i can think of is that berries and other antioxidants help with blood flow and circulation. Maybe make smoothies everyday?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Probably carpal tunnel. Massages. With cypress oil. Submerge your hands up to your elbows in ice water for five minutes everyday. Neck rolls and check your posture so ears are over your shoulders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM
I heard you can get it esp. During pregnancy, isbthat true?

Quoting jellyphish:

Probably carpal tunnel. Massages. With cypress oil. Submerge your hands up to your elbows in ice water for five minutes everyday. Neck rolls and check your posture so ears are over your shoulders.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Ohhh, the thought of ice water sounds sooooo nice right now! K, I'll try these. It's definitely carpel tunnel like :/

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Yup. Carpal tunnel, sciatica, migraines, all kids of stuff can be pregnancy induced. Our bodies take such a beating!

Quoting Precious333:

I heard you can get it esp. During pregnancy, isbthat true?

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like pregnancy induced carpel tunnel, maybe at the pharmacy they would have those wrist bandages that would help.

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Have you tried walking with your arms above your head?  The midwife assistant said that was the only thing that helped her during her pregnancy...she said she looked ridiculous, though!

(I understood from her that our blood volume increases so much during pregnancy that it often pinches the nerves in our wrists and ankles--very much like carpel tunnel.  But it WILL go away soon after our blood volume returns to normal post partum).

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I'll try that, thanks.
Yeah I had it my last 2 pregnancies as well, but it didn't ever get so bad it was painful, it was more an annoyance, so I just lived with it.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Have you tried walking with your arms above your head?  The midwife assistant said that was the only thing that helped her during her pregnancy...she said she looked ridiculous, though!

(I understood from her that our blood volume increases so much during pregnancy that it often pinches the nerves in our wrists and ankles--very much like carpel tunnel.  But it WILL go away soon after our blood volume returns to normal post partum).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM

If its just basically in your hands you can buy compression gloves that help prevent the swelling in your hands and helps with circulation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)