Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

went for an u/s today, had a missed miscarriage...anyone familiar with this?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 45 Replies
Baby passed away at 7 weeks 4 days. I'm supposed to be 9 weeks. My midwife said I had a few options, including taking herbs to induce the process, a d&c or just wait it out. I need yalls experiences if ur willing to share. Thanks in advance.
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuckermum
by Crysta on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM

when i was almost 12weeks i went in for my 1st u/s the baby didnt have a heartbeat but was measuring perfectly. I had a d&c done because i didnt think i could handle having a natural m/c especially not knowing when it would happen and not knowing what to do.

tuckermum
by Crysta on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Im sorry for you loss.

Jenn8604
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:57 PM
hugs! no clue. the only people i know who lost their baby's were 24 and 37 wks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
N_maricle
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I don't know but I would probably try the herbs before having a d&c done. Keep it as noninvasive as possible. Sorry you are going through this:(

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I don't do early US or Doppler anymore but I had 2 natural miscarriages last year. One at 5 wks. One at 11 wks. No clue when baby stopped developing either time. I tend to try to do things naturally if possible. I'm so sorry for your loss! :'( *hugs*
aimhawk
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I had passed naturally without ever knowing I was pregnant, it was around 7 weeks. I'm not sure I could handle to wait it out, but I also don't think I could do a d&c.

I'm very sorry, though.

Monkiebut
by Tiffany on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I would try everything naturally first. D&C's can cause infertility and excess bleeding. It's the same procedure as an abortion only the embryo has already passed. I've had 5 miscarriages between 4-7 weeks and it has always happebed in its own. It hurts worse than a period (but not much) and you bleed in clots. It's an emotional process, I wish you the best!
2forKaty
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I was 14wks and I let it happen naturally. So sorry for your loss!
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I have multiple natural early miscarriages. D&C's can be dangerous so please reseach that. Im not familiar with herbs though

Im sorry for your loss
Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Hugs mama. Im so sorry for your loss :(

I have had tow miscarriages and i just waited them out. if my health was in question i would consider the alternates.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)