Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What do you consider a "natural birth?"

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 26 Replies

I really want to have a natural birth. I consider a natural birth a vaginal birth with no pain medication/epidural.

What's your deffintion?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:22 PM
4 moms liked this
A vaginal birth with NO medical interventions at all. No sweeping membranes, no breaking water, no induction of labor("natural" or medical), no labor augmentation, no episiotomy, no vaccum/force-up assistance, etc in addition to no pain medication/epidural is a natural birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
What Larissa said.
Although I don't believe in altering plans or lifestyles just for the sake of a label. (but I do believe in the importance natural birthing of course)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM

A natural birth to me is a vaginal birth with no interventions (pitocin, epidural, or pain meds)

LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM
This

Quoting larissalarie:

A vaginal birth with NO medical interventions at all. No sweeping membranes, no breaking water, no induction of labor("natural" or medical), no labor augmentation, no episiotomy, no vaccum/force-up assistance, etc in addition to no pain medication/epidural is a natural birth.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Yup

Quoting larissalarie:

Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM
No interventions. Sometimes.interventions can be necessary, so if that happens, it doesnt make ot better or less, just.necessary I guess.

My first was no meds, but it was far from natural because i was restricted by.hospital regulations, doctors not letting me push how ibwented and resulting in vacuum and other post partum interventions as well. It was not natural even if it was med free durinf labor and birth.
Wifemom.midwife
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:51 PM
No interventions. Yes drug free is natural but for me its more than that.
SadieJames
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I did not have a natural birth by definition since I had to be induced.  I was induced as naturally as possible through AROM though.  I had no pain meds but was confined to the bed.  I also had a port in my hand but no IV fluids and no pitocin.  Technically it wasn't natural but it was as natural as my situation allowed.

Celestial_momma
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Vaginal and no epidural or induction.
JadeTigr7
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:32 AM
No medical intervention or restrictions in birth.

My midwife did a sweep on me before my last Homebirth. I still consider myself having a natural birth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)