Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you... (PIOG)

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you use a pacifier?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

Use a pacifier with your children? 

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008) & Caidence(2010). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I have with all four my third refused after three months my oldest didn't get one til three months lol. I want to avoid it this time around we shall see.
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Both of mine have refused them. I'm not sure where I stand. I've never bought one before because the hospital just gave them out, but I'm not going to the hospital to have this baby.... lol 

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I have with all four my third refused after three months my oldest didn't get one til three months lol. I want to avoid it this time around we shall see.

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008) & Caidence(2010). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
We started them with my oldest because I had to cold turkey wean and he wanted to suck. The hospital gave to my next two. The fourth we gave it at three weeks when driving cross country. Sooo who knows this time with home birth, but work at six weeks.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Both of mine have refused them. I'm not sure where I stand. I've never bought one before because the hospital just gave them out, but I'm not going to the hospital to have this baby.... lol 

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

VintageWife
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

No, but I do give them the bumpy ones as a chew toy when they're teething their molars because it works wonders. 

VintageWife
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

BTW, your siggie explains me exactly too (except for names and dates of course).

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
No but not for a lack of trying lol. Actually I * really* didn't want my first EBF baby to have one. Then when I did try he wanted nothing to do with it. My youngest I did try one briefly but she had a tongue and lip tie and couldn't hold it in her mouth. I highly doubt she would have used it but I tried. My oldest was never BF and she had a pacifier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

No.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Almost exactly explains me.. except for names, dates, and we are nonvax.  :o) 

Quoting VintageWife: BTW, your siggie explains me exactly too (except for names and dates of course).

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting VintageWife:

BTW, your siggie explains me exactly too (except for names and dates of course).

Yay!! :) :) I love when I happen to be around like minds! <3 

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I really wanted to do Dr. Sears vaccine schedule or none at all but MS only has medical exemptions. I tried to get a med. but no go. I did finally find a dr. who'll delay though. 

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Almost exactly explains me.. except for names, dates, and we are nonvax.  :o) 

Quoting VintageWife: BTW, your siggie explains me exactly too (except for names and dates of course).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN