Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

ladies, i domt.want...

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM
  • 19 Replies
Another c section. I don't think my insurance will cover the midwife O'Brien. She had trouble with it for years. If I do enough research think I can do a UC?
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAHM927
by Lesly on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I think it is possible, and this group is full of excellent resources! Good luck.

GoodyBrook
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM

My drive for a VBAC was greater than my concern for insurance.  I had to pay out-of-pocket her whole expense (and in the end I had a hospital delivery), but I wouldn't change a thing about it.  I needed the emotional support of a midwife throughout my pregnancy...

When are you due?

(And if you want a UC, consider applying to the CM group called "Birth is Normal."  Mamas over there advocate out-of-hospital births, and are great with UC information)..

Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM
This! Those mamas helped me so much!

Also, keep on talking to midwives. Tell them your situation and if they cant help you maybe they can refer you. :)

Quoting GoodyBrook:

My drive for a VBAC was greater than my concern for insurance.  I had to pay out-of-pocket her whole expense (and in the end I had a hospital delivery), but I wouldn't change a thing about it.  I needed the emotional support of a midwife throughout my pregnancy...

When are you due?

(And if you want a UC, consider applying to the CM group called "Birth is Normal."  Mamas over there advocate out-of-hospital births, and are great with UC information)..

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Quoting GoodyBrook:

When are you due?  Dec 28th

(And if you want a UC, consider applying to the CM group called "Birth is Normal." I will, thanks.  Mamas over there advocate out-of-hospital births, and are great with UC information)..

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I will. Thanks.

Quoting Precious333:

This! Those mamas helped me so much!

Also, keep on talking to midwives. Tell them your situation and if they cant help you maybe they can refer you. :)

Quoting GoodyBrook:

When are you due?

GoodyBrook
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:23 AM

You'd be welcome over in the VBAC Moms group, too!

Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Yes, if you're willing to put the time into it.

My UC was really neat but really intense - I personally wouldn't have handled it well if I hadn't had a prior vaginal birth. It might be worth saving to pay cash for a midwife or at the very least, hiring a doula.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

with enough research and drive you can do anything :)

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Thanks.  I think my insurance may cover a birth center I have looked into. They are closed till Thursday. I hope they take my insurance. If not back to sq 1, unless the VA will cover it.

Quoting Sarah725:

with enough research and drive you can do anything :)

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Looking to see if the center in Milaca takes my insurance, if not I hope the VA will cover it.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Yes, if you're willing to put the time into it.

My UC was really neat but really intense - I personally wouldn't have handled it well if I hadn't had a prior vaginal birth. It might be worth saving to pay cash for a midwife or at the very least, hiring a doula.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN