Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Glass Bottles

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:01 AM
  • 15 Replies

While glass bottles might not be the best once baby is old enough to hold the bottle by it's self I plan to use them at least till then.

I always used plasic but glass is easier to clean, last longer, and doesn't have the chemical risk like plastic...plus it also is supose to keep the milk warm longer than plastic.

Anyone else use or plan to use glass bottles? Did you like them?

(and of course I breastfeed but I like to pump so daddy can give baby a bottle from time to time)

by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I've seen glass bottles with rubber sleeves that protect them if they fall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
3 moms liked this
Nope, daddy helps in other ways around here. Pumping while he bottle feeds is way to much work and there's a zillion other ways he can help out :)

We used the BPA free plastic ones when I worked outside the home with the older kids, glass is probably a much better choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3kidz123
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Oh thank you! I'll keep an eye out for those :)

Quoting jellyphish:

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this

these are awsome! I have seen a 2 yr old throw one across the room and it still didn't break, I was amazed.

Quoting jellyphish:

CafeMom Tickers
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I agree. I did it for DH twice when my first was born. Pumping and leaving the house while Daddy got to feed, then cleaning the pump, then cleaning the bottle, too much work without much benefit. Then DH decided he didn't like it afterall. He did most of the other stuff, like rocking, singing, bathing, burping, changing clothes, even playing video games with baby. He also would hold our girls to my breast at night (we bedshare) so that I could dose off easier. 
We offered BPA free plactic sippy cups when I went back to work after my second. She never got a literal bottle. Glass is a better option. I have a friend who uses glass with her son (formula though), and those have been thrown around quite a bit without breaking.  

Quoting larissalarie:

Nope, daddy helps in other ways around here. Pumping while he bottle feeds is way to much work and there's a zillion other ways he can help out :)

We used the BPA free plastic ones when I worked outside the home with the older kids, glass is probably a much better choice.

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008) & Caidence(2010). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved the glass bottles that I used!!  yes I also put breast milk in them.

AudlyLuvly
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see the need to switch to plastic when they're feeding themselves.

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Even when my DS was drinking BM from a bottle, it's not like he ran around with it.  It's dinner time--not run around and throw your food time!  Glass bottles have always been our choice, even though I have at least a dozen plastic Medela ones floating around.  I just don't feel like the plastic get clean enough, even when they're in the dish washer...

catholicmamamia
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting larissalarie: Nope, daddy helps in other ways around here. Pumping while he bottle feeds is way to much work and there's a zillion other ways he can help out :)

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

We used glass until my kids were off the bottle.  My ds had a glass bottle until 11 months and my dd until 9 months.  Both were on a cup full time after.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)