Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

In another post I wrote a few women mentioned that they nurse the baby ONLY. No bottles even with breast milk, just breast feeding.

I honestly didn't know that was an option, is it? How do you handle family...tell them they can't take the baby for more than an hour or so? I'm interested in how it works for your family, how you get free time, how long you nurse for, how long before someone else can take the baby for the day, and what happens if there's an emergancy and your baby doesn't know how or refuses the bottle?

Thank you for your storys and info!

by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Replies (51-57):
VintageWife
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Pretty much this. Down to the years and kids. I also tell docs no on meds. Why would we NEED to be without the baby? 

Quoting Lynette:

As long as baby is EBF they go with me where ever I go. I get alone time at home taking a bath, hiding out in the bedroom while Dh wrangles the kids. DH will bring me baby when he needs to nurse. I go on bike rides, cell phone in my pocket so DH can call if the baby needs to nurse. 10 years, 4kids and I have never had an emergency that required a bottle. Once a doc told me to pump & dump because I was on an antibiotic, I laughed at him and told him to find a different med to put me on. I breastfeed till at least 2yrs old, but solids come into play making it easier to leave without baby for longer periods. I do like to get out every so often, I take baby with me, babywearing makes this much easier.

VintageWife
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Why would someone else get my baby before a year? I don't understand that. S/he is not a shiny toy to pass around.

Pepe22
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
dd goes everywhere i go. lol she is 14 months. im a sahm so that makes it easier. idk how u could do that without being a sahm. i have pumped before once. when she was 9 days old she got sick and was in the hospital. they wanted to SEE the milk going into her. and wanted to give her formula. i was like hell no. shes sick. whats better than breastmilk? so i pumped so they could see a certain amount of ounces goin in and i breastfed :)
jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I'm the same way!! 

Quoting LuvAZmomma:

I breastfed only. It really wasn't that hard. For me I never wanted to be away from the baby during that time really anyway. My husband and I did go to dinner a couple times i had a dentisit appt and it wasn't a big deal I would nurse right before we left and we were never gone so long that he needed to eat again. I never left during the newborn stage it wasn't until they were a little older like maybe 6 months or so. My children are 2 and 3 now and I still don't like leaving them. I just don't trust people with my children. I am very particular about te way my children should be handled.

jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Right?!

Quoting VintageWife:

Why would someone else get my baby before a year? I don't understand that. S/he is not a shiny toy to pass around.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM

yes I did that with my baby.  I only worked one night a week that was 6 hrs.  Everyone tried to get him to eat breastmilk from a bottle but he wouldn't.  He waited to eat until I got home and no then that year other than work I never left him.  If I went some where he went with.  Some would have hated that I know, but I enjoyed it very much.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM

yes I'm the same way.  They bring me such joy, I just hate leaving them and don't trust anyone to watch them but my mom.

Quoting jconney80:

I'm the same way!! 

Quoting LuvAZmomma:

I breastfed only. It really wasn't that hard. For me I never wanted to be away from the baby during that time really anyway. My husband and I did go to dinner a couple times i had a dentisit appt and it wasn't a big deal I would nurse right before we left and we were never gone so long that he needed to eat again. I never left during the newborn stage it wasn't until they were a little older like maybe 6 months or so. My children are 2 and 3 now and I still don't like leaving them. I just don't trust people with my children. I am very particular about te way my children should be handled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN