Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Lice anyone?

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 13 Replies

How can I get rid of it?

My dd started head start in March and she can home from school with it last week...I head coconut oil is suppose to work, have ya'll tired it

by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:48 PM
No, but I've read that it works too. And tea tree oil too?

Sorry, thank goodness we haven't had lice.

I hope it's gone soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I;ve heard tto works

aligpd
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Look up Cetaphil face washl. It works great, isn't toxic & is easy. There are a couple good websites that tell how to use it. I'm on my phone & can't fibd them right now.
madisonsmom2005
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM

My DD also had lice and I tried olive oil. It seemed to work on the adult lice, but not the eggs. I went to walgreens and tried about every product out there. (She kept getting reinfested at school). I gave up on the all natural stuff because it simply didn't work. I was about the pull all my hair out at my last attempt to find a good product that worked and wasn't time consuming. Believe it or not I actually found one! It is called Licefreee Spray. (Freee is not a typo that is the name of the product). It is non-toxic, has no harmful pesticide residue, is environmentally safe, and contains the stainless steel lice comb. (That comb is the best by far! Don't waist your money on the plastic ones. They do not work well). You don't have to wash the hair at all you just spray and comb out the lice and eggs. So easy to use and it was very effective. You can take a look at the product on Walgreens.com. That is where I found it. I bought it in-store though not on-line. Sorry to sound like an infomercial, but I was at the end of my rope and this product saved me from going crazy. Good luck and I hope this is helpful!

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                                                                                              I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!

Pregnancy%20ticker
GoodyBrook
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Diatomaceous Earth should do the trick if you're looking for a natural way to get rid of them...

jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I know tea tree oil and a eucalyptus shampoo (I think??). Good luck!

rjmac88
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM
We just dealt with this. Melted coconut oil and added TTO. Coated hair and let it sit. Lice combed And we've been good since
rjmac88
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM
My daughters school gives this to you when they get sent home with lice

Quoting madisonsmom2005:

My DD also had lice and I tried olive oil. It seemed to work on the adult lice, but not the eggs. I went to walgreens and tried about every product out there. (She kept getting reinfested at school). I gave up on the all natural stuff because it simply didn't work. I was about the pull all my hair out at my last attempt to find a good product that worked and wasn't time consuming. Believe it or not I actually found one! It is called Licefreee Spray. (Freee is not a typo that is the name of the product). It is non-toxic, has no harmful pesticide residue, is environmentally safe, and contains the stainless steel lice comb. (That comb is the best by far! Don't waist your money on the plastic ones. They do not work well). You don't have to wash the hair at all you just spray and comb out the lice and eggs. So easy to use and it was very effective. You can take a look at the product on Walgreens.com. That is where I found it. I bought it in-store though not on-line. Sorry to sound like an infomercial, but I was at the end of my rope and this product saved me from going crazy. Good luck and I hope this is helpful!

Phatmansmom
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I had this a lot as a kid and so has my dd. Get the shampoo and comb comb comb! Also wash all the sheets and pillows hot hot water! Stuffed animals as well spray any couches or materials
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Don't forget to treat the carseats too! Anything that is soft but a nonwash item needs to go in a trash bag, tied up for at least a week. Hope you find a solution!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)