Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i want to have a natural birth with this one

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM
  • 33 Replies

hi my name is kala and iam 13 wks pregnant i was wonting to have a water birth but the hospital i will b going to doesnt have that so iam not sure what to do 

by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:50 AM

If a water birth is important to you, you'll have to consider other options.  Are there any birth centers in your area?  Perhaps you can birth at home?  Maybe you'll have to travel to get the birth that's in your heart...

tigermomma9
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:56 AM
it is but the dr i have is great she is the one i had with my youngest and my husband is a no go on the home birth and i have 3 other kids that we live in mins from the hospital and i dont labor very long
Quoting GoodyBrook:

If a water birth is important to you, you'll have to consider other options.  Are there any birth centers in your area?  Perhaps you can birth at home?  Maybe you'll have to travel to get the birth that's in your heart...

GoodyBrook
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:01 AM

You'll find a way if it's important to you!  (Maybe labor in your tub at home as long as you can, then head to the nearby hospital when you're close to delivery...)

tigermomma9
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM

that is what ill probably do the hospital will let me get in the shower and that help me with my youngest

Quoting GoodyBrook:

You'll find a way if it's important to you!  (Maybe labor in your tub at home as long as you can, then head to the nearby hospital when you're close to delivery...)

littlelambe2
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:07 AM

You can have a natural birth out of the water. But if a water birth is important to you, you'll have to look at other options. 

tigermomma9
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:18 AM

i know i can iam just not sure how i never took a class and with 3 kids and a husband that i never know when he is going to get off work makes it hard for me to take one now 

Quoting littlelambe2:

You can have a natural birth out of the water. But if a water birth is important to you, you'll have to look at other options. 

GoodyBrook
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

You're only 13 weeks, right?  You have a lot of months ahead of you to research Natural Births.  :)

littlelambe2
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:49 AM
2 moms liked this

I took a class with my first. I was late in my pregnancy so I only had time for the 2 day crammer class. Surprisingly, I learned nothing new as I had been researching and learning about natural and normal birth my entire pregnancy. A class is definitely not needed!! You can learn everything you need to know through books, online, reading good birth stories, etc. we're always open to questions here, too. 

My favorite book is Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. 

Quoting tigermomma9:

i know i can iam just not sure how i never took a class and with 3 kids and a husband that i never know when he is going to get off work makes it hard for me to take one now 

Quoting littlelambe2:

tigermomma9
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:52 AM
yeah iam and yeah i do just finding the time with a 5 yr 4 yr and 19mth old is not easy
Quoting GoodyBrook:

You're only 13 weeks, right?  You have a lot of months ahead of you to research Natural Births.  :)

tigermomma9
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:53 AM

i havent heard of that book before

Quoting littlelambe2:

I took a class with my first. I was late in my pregnancy so I only had time for the 2 day crammer class. Surprisingly, I learned nothing new as I had been researching and learning about natural and normal birth my entire pregnancy. A class is definitely not needed!! You can learn everything you need to know through books, online, reading good birth stories, etc. we're always open to questions here, too. 

My favorite book is Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. 

Quoting tigermomma9:

Quoting littlelambe2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN