Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

natural remedoes for sons tummyache LIttle UPDATE

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 30 Replies
Hey all. My 6 1/2 yr old says hia side hurts, down low. I thought it was constipation at first, but he said he went poop and it was normal. Then he tool a nap, which never does. My two yr old had diahrrea twice, my oldsst has not though.

So i dont know why his side hurts. Right now he is laying with a heating pad (rice and lavendar). Any suggestions?

Update:
He says he feels a lot better..he went poop this morning and i thnk it helped. He can.jump and climb etc no problem. It is a little sensitivr when he puts a little pressure. I think it was gas and/or constipation. If it starts.getting a worse again i may take him in.
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Which side? Is it where his appendix is?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Right side....i dont know.which side the apendix.is....is that the side?

Quoting jellyphish:

larissalarie
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Yes appendix is on the (his) right. If it hurts to be touched and he's running a fever, I'd definitely take him to the doctor in the morning to be safe. If he's starts vomiting and has the other two symptoms, I'd consider an ER tonight...and we all know how conservative I am about that stuff!
However, if it is his appendix, he'll need fairy minor surgery. If you wait too long and it bursts, it becomes a life-threatening situation, a bigger surgery, a longer hospital stay, etc etc.
Quoting Precious333:

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Ok, thats scary! So far nor fever or vomiting or anything of tha sort. I will keep an eye on it!

Quoting larissalarie:

Yes appendix is on the (his) right. If it hurts to be touched and he's running a fever, I'd definitely take him to the doctor in the morning to be safe. If he's starts vomiting and has the other two symptoms, I'd consider an ER tonight...and we all know how conservative I am about that stuff!
However, if it is his appendix, he'll need fairy minor surgery. If you wait too long and it bursts, it becomes a life-threatening situation, a bigger surgery, a longer hospital stay, etc etc.
Quoting Precious333:

Quoting jellyphish:

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
What she said. I'd take him to UC if it's unbearable and/or he has a fever. GL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Touch his back on each side between his hipbone and ribcage,do it gently but,firmly. If he says it hurts it is likely his kidney and he may have a kidney infection.

For the upset tummy...peppermint tea and chamomile tea are good. ginger tea is too but,may be kind of spicy for him. Sucking on a peppermint candy may help too.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Keep us posted, hopefully he's just sore and feeling off and it's nothing :)

Quoting Precious333:

Ok, thats scary! So far nor fever or vomiting or anything of tha sort. I will keep an eye on it!

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Will do! Thanks :)

Quoting larissalarie:

Keep us posted, hopefully he's just sore and feeling off and it's nothing :)

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting jellyphish:

Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Ok just did that. When i push his right side it hurts, when i push on the left side his right side hurts.

Quoting cjsix:

Touch his back on each side between his hipbone and ribcage,do it gently but,firmly. If he says it hurts it is likely his kidney and he may have a kidney infection.

For the upset tummy...peppermint tea and chamomile tea are good. ginger tea is too but,may be kind of spicy for him. Sucking on a peppermint candy may help too.

cjsix
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Quoting Precious333:

Ok just did that. When i push his right side it hurts, when i push on the left side his right side hurts.

Quoting cjsix:

Take him in and let the doctor know. He may have a kidney infection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)