Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Baby wearing... Two ring slings?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM
  • 10 Replies
Has anyone worn two kids at the same time in two different ring slings? I am due with #5 in August and my youngest will be about 18/20 months old. I have worn two kids before with one on the back in an SSC and one on the front in either another SSC or a ring sling. However, there a couple of situations, like church, where I can see it being nice to be able to be able to pop the youngest in a carrier while I'm wearing the baby. I don't want a back carry because I want it to be something where he could be easy in/easy out without making it a production, plus church is a lot of up and down. Has anyone done two ring slings? I was thinking one on each shoulder and the baby would be on my chest and the toddler could be in ring sling on my hip. A wrap would be a possibility for the baby too, with the toddler on my hip in a ring sling. Has anyone used either of these combinations with success?

**DH will be overseas, so it will be just me and my two hands**
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I've never done it but I've seen others do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:10 AM
I've done two babies in 2 different ring slings at the same time. I only did it a handful of times but it worked fine.
I've also done 2 in 1 wrap. 1 in wrap 1 ssc. 2 ssc. 1 wrap 1 ring sling.
JMmama
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:10 AM
When you did two in one wrap were they of similar size?

Quoting melindabelcher:

I've done two babies in 2 different ring slings at the same time. I only did it a handful of times but it worked fine.

VintageWife
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I haven't, but I would.

maddiesmommy5
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I have done twin 2 month old's in two ring slings before, worked out fine. I have also done a 6 wk old tummy to tummy in a rs with a 1yr old in a rs on my hip. I've worn up to 4 babies at a time no problem so it can be done:) I should add they I worked at a children center(they weren't all mine), I was the head infant teacher everyone else thought I was nuts for carrying them around all day.lol

VintageWife
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:21 AM

There is someone in here that wears more than one often.

JMmama
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I'm glad to hear that will work with two ring slings. It was working in my brain, I just wasn't sure how it would work in practice.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

I have done twin 2 month old's in two ring slings before, worked out fine. I have also done a 6 wk old tummy to tummy in a rs with a 1yr old in a rs on my hip. I've worn up to 4 babies at a time no problem so it can be done:) I should add they I worked at a children center(they weren't all mine), I was the head infant teacher everyone else thought I was nuts for carrying them around all day.lol

melindabelcher
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Yes.
But I know you can do it with an older child and younger

Quoting JMmama:

Quoting melindabelcher:

jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd go on youtube and look for videos on how to do it! I'm sure you will find something!

jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM

If you have a long enough wrap you should be able to wrap up two kiddos!

Quoting melindabelcher:

Yes.
But I know you can do it with an older child and younger

Quoting JMmama:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN