Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby wearing... Two ring slings?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM
  • 10 Replies
Has anyone worn two kids at the same time in two different ring slings? I am due with #5 in August and my youngest will be about 18/20 months old. I have worn two kids before with one on the back in an SSC and one on the front in either another SSC or a ring sling. However, there a couple of situations, like church, where I can see it being nice to be able to be able to pop the youngest in a carrier while I'm wearing the baby. I don't want a back carry because I want it to be something where he could be easy in/easy out without making it a production, plus church is a lot of up and down. Has anyone done two ring slings? I was thinking one on each shoulder and the baby would be on my chest and the toddler could be in ring sling on my hip. A wrap would be a possibility for the baby too, with the toddler on my hip in a ring sling. Has anyone used either of these combinations with success?

**DH will be overseas, so it will be just me and my two hands**
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on May. 6, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I've never done it but I've seen others do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:10 AM
I've done two babies in 2 different ring slings at the same time. I only did it a handful of times but it worked fine.
I've also done 2 in 1 wrap. 1 in wrap 1 ssc. 2 ssc. 1 wrap 1 ring sling.
JMmama
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:10 AM
When you did two in one wrap were they of similar size?

Quoting melindabelcher:

I've done two babies in 2 different ring slings at the same time. I only did it a handful of times but it worked fine.

VintageWife
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I haven't, but I would.

maddiesmommy5
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I have done twin 2 month old's in two ring slings before, worked out fine. I have also done a 6 wk old tummy to tummy in a rs with a 1yr old in a rs on my hip. I've worn up to 4 babies at a time no problem so it can be done:) I should add they I worked at a children center(they weren't all mine), I was the head infant teacher everyone else thought I was nuts for carrying them around all day.lol

VintageWife
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:21 AM

There is someone in here that wears more than one often.

JMmama
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I'm glad to hear that will work with two ring slings. It was working in my brain, I just wasn't sure how it would work in practice.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

I have done twin 2 month old's in two ring slings before, worked out fine. I have also done a 6 wk old tummy to tummy in a rs with a 1yr old in a rs on my hip. I've worn up to 4 babies at a time no problem so it can be done:) I should add they I worked at a children center(they weren't all mine), I was the head infant teacher everyone else thought I was nuts for carrying them around all day.lol

melindabelcher
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Yes.
But I know you can do it with an older child and younger

Quoting JMmama:

Quoting melindabelcher:

jconney80
by Jill - Admin on May. 6, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd go on youtube and look for videos on how to do it! I'm sure you will find something!

jconney80
by Jill - Admin on May. 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM

If you have a long enough wrap you should be able to wrap up two kiddos!

Quoting melindabelcher:

Yes.
But I know you can do it with an older child and younger

Quoting JMmama:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN