Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Who does cloth diapers??

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM
  • 27 Replies

I do cloth diapers myself, but mainly just indian cotton prefold, a snappie, and a cover. But wondering what is the best all in one diaper out there? There are so many brands!! Please let me know what you use and why.  I have a one year old, that is just starting to learn how to walk, and 30 weeks with twins!

by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:14 AM

bum genuis, fuzzibunz, thirsty (?), are ones that i have tried for aio, I have also done bum genuis pocket one size as well. I like prefolds because they are cheaper, I have indian and chinese with prowraps :)

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:15 AM
I don't like all in ones personally. But I do like pockets- bum genius are my fav, and flip inserts with thirstie covers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Personally I hate AIO.. I like AI2, pockets and prefolds/covers though.  I use WAHM AI2, WAHM pockets, Bumgenius 4.0 pockets and whatever prefolds/covers I have.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I have a kushies all in one and I hate it. Something about how it's constructed makes it suck. His pants always used to get wet quickly. The only other AIOs I have are from etsy. I like them, I think I spent $24 for a package of three. My only issue is I've had to sew the Velcro tabs back on. Since you use prefolds and covers, you might like pockets or AI2s better than AIOs. They dry much faster and you can hang the covers up which you can't do for AIO's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:38 AM
I have several thirsties AIOs I like but they aren't as absorbent as pockets. I prefer the thirsties duos.
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:52 AM
bum genius on the baby flips on the toddler
wenDmommy
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:41 AM

I personally don't like AIO.. I have used them before, as well as fitteds..  with my last 2 boys i used mainly pockets.. however my absolute favorite diapers were Tiny Birds fitted velour dipers and Tiny Birds Merino Wool Soaker shorts.. Unfortunately she doesn't make the covers any more but u can still find some if you look up little beetle soaker shorts.   Anywho.. Now that i'm going to cloth diaper my 4th child and I will be working and on a really low budget at least for now.. I will have the following. 

17 One size pocket diapers (mixture of brands like baby city, alva, etc) 

12 birdseye Indian Cotton Flat diapers

2 small Tiny Birds Fitted velour diapers  (for night time)

2 Medium Tiny Birds Fitted Velour diapers

2 small wool covers (one is little bettle for nights mostly and sum day time, and one wahm made)

2 medium wool covers (same as above) 

3 snappies

2 pairs of pins

I really love woold and prefolds so if possible I will get more :) 

melindabelcher
by mel on May. 6, 2013 at 6:14 AM
I love flats and covers right now.
I didn't love aio i preferred pockets.
The aio I had were by thirsty I believe. They worked well just the drying was twice as long
sj3starz
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:45 AM
I use bum genius freetime on my heavy wetter at night. Those are the only aios I've used. She's only leaked once. I don't like how long they take to dry, especially since my clothes line is in my laundry room because I don't have a yard to hang them outside. As the other ladies said, i prefer other diapers normally. We use flip during the day. :-)
LuvAZmomma
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I use pocket diapers. IMO thy wash out cleaner than AIOs and they dry faster.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)