Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I do cloth diapers myself, but mainly just indian cotton prefold, a snappie, and a cover. But wondering what is the best all in one diaper out there? There are so many brands!! Please let me know what you use and why.  I have a one year old, that is just starting to learn how to walk, and 30 weeks with twins!

by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I don't do AIO past the newborn stage. They're hard to get completely clean and after years of use, it can be a pain in the bum having to strip so often and they take SO long to dry.

Commercially I recommend BumGenius, though I am a mostly a WAHM fan. For me I like the cuteness factor with WAHM's you can't get commercially, the better quality materials like OBF and hemp which are pretty much standard, and I like supporting them as well.

VintageWife
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Quoting Precious333:

bum genuis, fuzzibunz, thirsty (?), are ones that i have tried for aio, I have also done bum genuis pocket one size as well. I like prefolds because they are cheaper, I have indian and chinese with prowraps :)

AudlyLuvly
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I use pockets. I have half wahm half China diaps (mostly Alva Baby, but some happy flute - prefer the Alva). I really like the Alva Baby diapers, they have hip snaps, and are super cheap, with free shipping. You can get them even cheaper if you find a co-op. I don't have any leak problems unless I over stuff them lol
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I hope to cloth this time. How many cd do you have in your stash
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I have 2 or 3 Kushies AIOs. Honestly, I only keep them around for if I need a back up diaper for a child that isn't mine. I like pockets and AI2s though. I try to stick to WAHMs (Fluffity Fluff on hyenacart and MommySoup on Etsy are my two go to WAHMs), but I do like Alva pockets, A LOT. 
I think AIOs are the only kind of diaper that I've tried that I don't dig at all. I started with flats and prefolds with covers. I have some fitteds and contours that I used so much! And then all the pockets and AI2s that are super quick and easy (and Daddy friendly). I try to keep a varied stash.  

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Not the OP, but for a newborn, you'll want about 12 diapers per day of each day in your wash cycle. So if you want to go 3 days between washes, you'll need at least 36 NB diapers. Most OS diapers won't fit until about 10-12lbs. For an older baby/toddler, you'll need about 10 per day of a wash cycle, so for OS diapers and 3 days between washes, You'd want at least 30 diapers. I like to have a few more for just in case. I also like to have 3 cloth wipes per diaper, most of them will only need one (pee), but having 3 per diaper helps you know you'll have enough. I just use those 4 for $.96 baby wash cloths from walmart as cloth wipes, cheap and soft. I just use plain water on them to avoid the alcohol and chemicals in disposable wipes. You'd also need a wetbag or 2. And that's about it. :) 

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008) & Caidence(2010). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Ok thank you so much for sharing your wisdom :) I'm not going to use NB cloth diapers though. I decided to just use disposable at first and use the cloth OS after that. I was told it's not really worth buying the NB since they don't use them long and I'm not having another baby after this one. I currently have 12 cloth so I have a little way to go to stock up before June. 

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Not the OP, but for a newborn, you'll want about 12 diapers per day of each day in your wash cycle. So if you want to go 3 days between washes, you'll need at least 36 NB diapers. Most OS diapers won't fit until about 10-12lbs. For an older baby/toddler, you'll need about 10 per day of a wash cycle, so for OS diapers and 3 days between washes, You'd want at least 30 diapers. I like to have a few more for just in case. I also like to have 3 cloth wipes per diaper, most of them will only need one (pee), but having 3 per diaper helps you know you'll have enough. I just use those 4 for $.96 baby wash cloths from walmart as cloth wipes, cheap and soft. I just use plain water on them to avoid the alcohol and chemicals in disposable wipes. You'd also need a wetbag or 2. And that's about it. :) 

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

CatFishMom
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I liked my Fuzzibunz but my boys got serious infections so I couldnt use them. Im hoping to have better luck with my daughter.

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM
That depends on how big your babies typically are. NB is worth it for us because my babies typically fit in NB sized things for a few months. :) if your babies are only in NB for a week or two, then you're right, I'd probably just use small prefolds folded down or something. I want a chunky baby this time around!! :)

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

Ok thank you so much for sharing your wisdom :) I'm not going to use NB cloth diapers though. I decided to just use disposable at first and use the cloth OS after that. I was told it's not really worth buying the NB since they don't use them long and I'm not having another baby after this one. I currently have 12 cloth so I have a little way to go to stock up before June. 

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

Moonbabylove
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I am not a big fan of AiO. The pocket diapers are great so you should give them a try. I also use some prefolds and covers but the snappi is just a hassel and the cover holds it in place perfectly. Congrats on the twins!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)