Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I do cloth diapers myself, but mainly just indian cotton prefold, a snappie, and a cover. But wondering what is the best all in one diaper out there? There are so many brands!! Please let me know what you use and why.  I have a one year old, that is just starting to learn how to walk, and 30 weeks with twins!

by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Replies (21-27):
Mrs.Salz
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We do and love our cloth! We've never used AIOs but I've heard tons of positives and no negatives about bumgenius AIOs.

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwww to chunky babies lol. My daughter was a little shy of 8 lbs when born...7 lbs 14 oz. Most think since that's the case this one will come out over 8 lbs.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

That depends on how big your babies typically are. NB is worth it for us because my babies typically fit in NB sized things for a few months. :) if your babies are only in NB for a week or two, then you're right, I'd probably just use small prefolds folded down or something. I want a chunky baby this time around!! :)

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

Ok thank you so much for sharing your wisdom :) I'm not going to use NB cloth diapers though. I decided to just use disposable at first and use the cloth OS after that. I was told it's not really worth buying the NB since they don't use them long and I'm not having another baby after this one. I currently have 12 cloth so I have a little way to go to stock up before June. 

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Not the OP, but for a newborn, you'll want about 12 diapers per day of each day in your wash cycle. So if you want to go 3 days between washes, you'll need at least 36 NB diapers. Most OS diapers won't fit until about 10-12lbs. For an older baby/toddler, you'll need about 10 per day of a wash cycle, so for OS diapers and 3 days between washes, You'd want at least 30 diapers. I like to have a few more for just in case. I also like to have 3 cloth wipes per diaper, most of them will only need one (pee), but having 3 per diaper helps you know you'll have enough. I just use those 4 for $.96 baby wash cloths from walmart as cloth wipes, cheap and soft. I just use plain water on them to avoid the alcohol and chemicals in disposable wipes. You'd also need a wetbag or 2. And that's about it. :) 

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

I hope to cloth this time. How many cd do you have in your stash

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I use pocket diapers basically, not AIO because AIO take so long to dry and I just dont have the time or energy for that and neither does hubby.

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I prefer Bumgenius pockets or Freetime for AiO, but do not prefer AiO. I like some WAHM dipes and Thirsties. I am starting to like fitteds under covers at nap time or super thick ones with no cover. WAHM ones for that or Kissaluv
summerbear
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I like my pocket diapers. I use China dipes because the WAHM one were so expensive and they just fell apart...
momma4xover
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I seriously have a love love relationship with Kawaii Baby diapers. I love the covers (especially the new Minky ones!) I love the pockets.. I love the liners. I just have had good luck with them. The ONLY downside to them is that they are kinda big. BUT, I had some Sunbaby and some Thirsties, and they were too tight on my chubby one. Fit my skinny one, but not my baby with thicker thighs! For that reason when I went to replace some of my stash for the new baby, I went will ALL Kawaiis. :)

madimama22
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Thanks for sharing. I bought some fuzzibuns and bumgenius at a great price. The bumgenius's we had to fix, but for 8 bucks for 10 diapers worth the 10 dollars for fix it kits!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)