Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Creepy crawly season

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 12 Replies
I found the first scorpion of the year today in the house. The baby is officially not allowed on the floor for the next six months.
Suck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsKish
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

ahhh i'd freak *_*

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Yup. Gawd you should have seen me the summer they started coming indoors. I was due with my first in August and learned a sting kills an infant in an hour. I found 16 inside the house that year including one in her bassinet. I was a freaking mess!

Quoting MrsKish:

ahhh i'd freak *_*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKish
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Quoting jellyphish:

Yup. Gawd you should have seen me the summer they started coming indoors. I was due with my first in August and learned a sting kills an infant in an hour. I found 16 inside the house that year including one in her bassinet. I was a freaking mess!

Quoting MrsKish:

ahhh i'd freak *_*

do you know how they are getting in ? 

BabyFruit Ticker

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
They can squeeze through any space as thin as a credit card. They are living in this giant tree outside the place. I begged the Hoa to cut it down that year but then I learned that doing Somwould drive them inside more. :(
I'm gonna get some de powder and lavender plants and hope to keep them at bay. The next one I find I'm going to stick on a fork and put a sign up that says "scorpions beware: no mercy here" Hopefully those things will help.

Quoting MrsKish:

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting MrsKish:

ahhh i'd freak *_*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKish
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM

maybe replacing the seals arond your doors would help as well?  I hope you can keep them at bay :/ 

maQuoting jellyphish:

They can squeeze through any space as thin as a credit card. They are living in this giant tree outside the place. I begged the Hoa to cut it down that year but then I learned that doing Somwould drive them inside more. :(
I'm gonna get some de powder and lavender plants and hope to keep them at bay. The next one I find I'm going to stick on a fork and put a sign up that says "scorpions beware: no mercy here" Hopefully those things will help.

Quoting MrsKish:

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting MrsKish:

ahhh i'd freak *_*

BabyFruit Ticker

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Pepperming EO in water sprayed around will shoo spiders away.  I wonder if something similar would also repel scorpions?

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Cedarwood oil. But as soon as the oil dissipates its useless. That's why I'm gonna try the de and the lavender plant. And the sign.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Pepperming EO in water sprayed around will shoo spiders away.  I wonder if something similar would also repel scorpions?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Eeeeeeeekkkk! I thought taking a tick out of dd's head was bad, ticks are nothing compared to a scorpion :/

jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM

OMG Yikes! That is scary :(

jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Eww I hate ticks!!!

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

Eeeeeeeekkkk! I thought taking a tick out of dd's head was bad, ticks are nothing compared to a scorpion :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)