Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

paleo anyone?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 20 Replies
Is anyone on a paleo diet or know more? Dh wants to loose weight and be more healthy and i have some friends who are on this.diet. if anyone has any resources and experience please let me know :) thanks
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Check out the CM group called "Rhonda's Home Kitchen."  She has a lot of great paleo insight and recipes...

I did a modified paleo the last three months of each pregnancy (I kept some dairy).

LisaAC
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Not quite Paleo, but low carb. Something simular. :)

Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Yeah, i was thinking it may not be 100% paleo (we are on a tight grocery budget). Thanks!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Check out the CM group called "Rhonda's Home Kitchen."  She has a lot of great paleo insight and recipes...

I did a modified paleo the last three months of each pregnancy (I kept some dairy).

Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM
We already have been doing a lot less carbs, but i think.dh needs.more. not 100% paleo, but the basic idea i guess.

Quoting LisaAC:

Not quite Paleo, but low carb. Something simular. :)

ballerina.2006
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Whole9life.com I think is the website or google "whole 30" awesome site!

Paleo is EXTREMELY difficult to start. You go through an intense detox period ranging from a few days to 1-3 weeks. You HAVE to be willing to change and deal with the detox period; power through.

Many recipes are easy to modify to Paleo. Other recipes are much harder. You also have to decide what form of Paleo you'll be doing. Some say ghee is okay, some okay butter, other form of Paleo say both are bad. Do your research and find the best fit for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM
We are starting off pretty slow.

Quoting ballerina.2006:

Whole9life.com I think is the website or google "whole 30" awesome site!

Paleo is EXTREMELY difficult to start. You go through an intense detox period ranging from a few days to 1-3 weeks. You HAVE to be willing to change and deal with the detox period; power through.

Many recipes are easy to modify to Paleo. Other recipes are much harder. You also have to decide what form of Paleo you'll be doing. Some say ghee is okay, some okay butter, other form of Paleo say both are bad. Do your research and find the best fit for you!

jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd just take it slow to ease your way in. We went Paleo awhile ago and backslid lol. It took us years to get to the point of doing it. There are some good pages on Facebook. Paleo Parents, Civilized Caveman, and the blog PALEOMG.

JasonsMom2007
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

We do anti-candida.  Not quite as strict as paleo.  We can still do dairy and grains.  It has improved our health a ton!  It was recommended by our holistic doctor.

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

We do anti-candida.  Not quite as strict as paleo.  We can still do dairy and grains.  It has improved our health a ton!  It was recommended by our holistic doctor.

've never heard of "anti-candida" as a way to eat... interesting.  What do you find the benefits to be for  your family?

JasonsMom2007
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:41 PM
We've lost weight, ds has improved behavior, my hashimotos is gone, our minds seem so much clearer, we are overall healthier. Ds nighttime groin pain the doctors couldn't explain has gone away, his possible asthma has as well.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

've never heard of "anti-candida" as a way to eat... interesting.  What do you find the benefits to be for  your family?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)