Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Juicing

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 12 Replies

Dh and I thought we'd try a week of green juices. But I have a question for those who are familiar with juicing. Each juice calls for a green apple. Dh is very sensitive to apples (as in his mouth gets on fire and his cheeks get burning and red after a bite or two) unless they are the low acid variety (ambrosia). Would it be ok to substitue ambrosia apples for Granny Smith? Or should I use a pear instead of a green apple for him? Also, I assume this is safe while bfing as I'm already eating fairly healthy, and I'm not subbing the juices for meals. I'm new to this. Thanks. 

Here is the juice recipes: http://foodmatters.tv/FM-Green-Juice-Challenge.pdf

by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I would use a pear...bump

megthompson920
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I would sub a pear... or a variety of apple he isn't allergic to.. I love juicing.. it is safe for you in small amounts, 8-16 oz a day. If you juice too much without doing a coffee enema to release toxins you can overload your system with those toxins. So a glass or two is perfectly healthy and great for you and baby!

littlelambe2
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Thanks!

Quoting Sarah725:

I would use a pear...bump

littlelambe2
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Quoting megthompson920:

I would sub a pear... or a variety of apple he isn't allergic to.. I love juicing.. it is safe for you in small amounts, 8-16 oz a day. If you juice too much without doing a coffee enema to release toxins you can overload your system with those toxins. So a glass or two is perfectly healthy and great for you and baby!

AshleySail
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 5:51 AM
A coffee enema does not sound comfortable :/

Quoting megthompson920:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I would sub whatever works for you..I wouldnt wat to give hubby anything that would make him miserable

YES its fine as long as you eat also

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM

No sure. here's a bump

lifeforchrist
by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

juicing is perfectly safe as long as your arent fasting and causing a detox. Adding juice to the diet is wonderfully healthy. I'd sub the apple out with anyhting that works for you. As long as you have the greens it doesnt matter much what you use with them. I personally do oranges and kale with wheatgrass.

littlelambe2
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Do you juice the wheatgrass? Or do you use wheatgrass powder or storebought wheatgrass juice?

Quoting lifeforchrist:

juicing is perfectly safe as long as your arent fasting and causing a detox. Adding juice to the diet is wonderfully healthy. I'd sub the apple out with anyhting that works for you. As long as you have the greens it doesnt matter much what you use with them. I personally do oranges and kale with wheatgrass.

lifeforchrist
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM

i grow and juice fresh wheatgrass. makes a lovely sweet flavor!

Quoting littlelambe2:

Do you juice the wheatgrass? Or do you use wheatgrass powder or storebought wheatgrass juice?

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)