Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Kinda silly question

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 7 Replies
My DD is 9 days old. We do a lot of skin to skin tummy time, but she always falls asleep. Is it safe to let her sleep on her tummy as long as she's on my chest?
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mjrex87
by Mindy on May. 7, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Being next to mom actually helps regulate baby's breathing. And the more skin to skin time, the better! :-)

mjrex87
by Mindy on May. 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Just make sure her airway is clear (her chin is not on her chest)

lilypad12788
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Also she rolls on to her side to sleep, which I thought she shouldn't be able to do yet. No matter how many times I roll her to her back, she rolls to her side. I know it's "face up to wake up" but idk what to do to keep her on her back! Is there something else I can do or should I just leave her be?

Quoting mjrex87:

Being next to mom actually helps regulate baby's breathing. And the more skin to skin time, the better! :-)

Ptitchou
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM
My daughter always slept to her side. She couldn't roll over any further...we bed share so I wasn't really concerned.
mjrex87
by Mindy on May. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM

My daughter rolled onto her side at 2 days old and it freaked me out! I also didn't think she should be able to do that, lol. She never rolled onto her tummy though. Do you swaddle her? 

Quoting lilypad12788:

Also she rolls on to her side to sleep, which I thought she shouldn't be able to do yet. No matter how many times I roll her to her back, she rolls to her side. I know it's "face up to wake up" but idk what to do to keep her on her back! Is there something else I can do or should I just leave her be?

Quoting mjrex87:

lilypad12788
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM
No, if I swaddle her, she cries and cries, so I don't lol.

Quoting mjrex87:

My daughter rolled onto her side at 2 days old and it freaked me out! I also didn't think she should be able to do that, lol. She never rolled onto her tummy though. Do you swaddle her? 

Quoting lilypad12788:

Quoting mjrex87:

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Safer than lying on her back alone and has a lot of benefits :)  My babies have done the same thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)