Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hemorrhoids....

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 22 Replies

PLEASE tell me there's a natural cure!!!!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Witch hazel. A tcm practitioner also told me that if you eat five grapefruits a day for two weeks your hemorrhoids would clear up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikzup03
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Five grapefruits a day for two weeks!?!? I like grapefruits, but that's a lot! Lol.

Quoting jellyphish:

Witch hazel. A tcm practitioner also told me that if you eat five grapefruits a day for two weeks your hemorrhoids would clear up.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Yup! But it's a better alternative to surgery IMO. :)

I also read that you can cut a small piece of potato and stick it up your bum over night for a few nights. I'd put cypress oil on it first too.

Quoting nikzup03:

Five grapefruits a day for two weeks!?!? I like grapefruits, but that's a lot! Lol.

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshleySail
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Witch hazel if they are swollen and itchy.. but if they are extremely sore and bleeding a lot.. it might burn..
I used ice too..

But changing your diet can really help the healing and reduce the inflammation.
Cutting gluten helped me a whole lot, and also eating lots and lots of raw foods..

Ive heard of the potato slice thing, like the other lady said.. I've also heard of doing it with garlic.. I did the garlic and well, it hurt putting it and and hurt getting it out. But it helped some.

Raw garlic is anti-inflammatory and its a natural antibiotic.. I ate lots of it.. even though it made my breath smell.
And probiotics would help as well for general gut health..
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I was told to use witch hazel.

CB3arr
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:37 PM

witch hazel

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Either use damp family cloth or disposable baby wipes to clean with after a bowel movement, it's less irritating than TP
GoodyBrook
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Check out Butcher's Broom supplement.

mjrex87
by Mindy on May. 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I've been using Tucks pads that have witch hazel in them. I guess I need stronger stuff. I think I'd get sick eating that much grapefruit!

Quoting jellyphish:

mjrex87
by Mindy on May. 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Thanks for the tips. I've been working on cutting down on gluten, I guess this is just another reason to do so!

Quoting AshleySail:

Witch hazel if they are swollen and itchy.. but if they are extremely sore and bleeding a lot.. it might burn..
I used ice too..

But changing your diet can really help the healing and reduce the inflammation.
Cutting gluten helped me a whole lot, and also eating lots and lots of raw foods..

Ive heard of the potato slice thing, like the other lady said.. I've also heard of doing it with garlic.. I did the garlic and well, it hurt putting it and and hurt getting it out. But it helped some.

Raw garlic is anti-inflammatory and its a natural antibiotic.. I ate lots of it.. even though it made my breath smell.
And probiotics would help as well for general gut health..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN