Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

PLEASE tell me there's a natural cure!!!!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
nikzup03
by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM
You know what I just recalled... My mom didn't make my sister a soap with grapefruit EO in it because her book (don't ask me which one) warned against its use in pregnant ladies. I'm wondering if treating yourself with that many grapefruits in one day over two weeks would be a reason for concern as well?

Quoting jellyphish:

Yup! But it's a better alternative to surgery IMO. :)

I also read that you can cut a small piece of potato and stick it up your bum over night for a few nights. I'd put cypress oil on it first too.

Quoting nikzup03:

Five grapefruits a day for two weeks!?!? I like grapefruits, but that's a lot! Lol.

Quoting jellyphish:

Witch hazel. A tcm practitioner also told me that if you eat five grapefruits a day for two weeks your hemorrhoids would clear up.
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I heard about the potato thing on another board and asked my mw about it. She said it has to be a red potato and you can grate it and make poultice instead of the other way. 

I could never eat that much grapefruit, I hate them. 

I hope you get some relief, OP. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

witch hazel..I use motherlove rhoid cream

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1. The eo is in the peels, not the fruit. So no worries.
2. Citrus oils are among the safest in pregnancy. The only concern with grapefruit oil (aside from too much topical use and sun exposure) is medication. You're not supposed to eat grapefruit or use the eo if you are on medication. But I take that warning with a grain of salt because this warning comes from a single constituent and does not recognize the whole plant.

But anyway, it's safe in pregnancy, I've seen warnings about the use of EOs in pregnancy by sources who don't know what they're talking about and just want to cya, sources about holistic or herbal health in general and not specifically aromatherapy.

But I'd you're not comfy using grapefruit, then don't!

Quoting nikzup03:

You know what I just recalled... My mom didn't make my sister a soap with grapefruit EO in it because her book (don't ask me which one) warned against its use in pregnant ladies. I'm wondering if treating yourself with that many grapefruits in one day over two weeks would be a reason for concern as well?

Quoting jellyphish:

I also read that you can cut a small piece of potato and stick it up your bum over night for a few nights. I'd put cypress oil on it first too.

Quoting nikzup03:

Five grapefruits a day for two weeks!?!? I like grapefruits, but that's a lot! Lol.

Quoting jellyphish:

Witch hazel. A tcm practitioner also told me that if you eat five grapefruits a day for two weeks your hemorrhoids would clear up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikzup03
by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Oh. I have no intentions of doing it. Or need really. I was just curious. I would end up just juicing that many grapefruits and watering it down. That would be a considerable amount of citrus for me for just one day, let alone two weeks, I don't know how my belly would like that.

Quoting jellyphish:

1. The eo is in the peels, not the fruit. So no worries.

2. Citrus oils are among the safest in pregnancy. The only concern with grapefruit oil (aside from too much topical use and sun exposure) is medication. You're not supposed to eat grapefruit or use the eo if you are on medication. But I take that warning with a grain of salt because this warning comes from a single constituent and does not recognize the whole plant.

But anyway, it's safe in pregnancy, I've seen warnings about the use of EOs in pregnancy by sources who don't know what they're talking about and just want to cya, sources about holistic or herbal health in general and not specifically aromatherapy.

But I'd you're not comfy using grapefruit, then don't!

Quoting nikzup03:

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting nikzup03:

Quoting jellyphish:

Sunshine71980
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine was so bad after birth I named it Hermie
I just made sure I avoided foods known to make things more difficult and drank at least one call of pruce juice a day.  And use tuck pads (I even carried them around in the diaper bag)

Good Luck!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I;ve always heard witch hazel

cali4niachef
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

How many wks are you? Are they internal or external? 

500mg rutin/daily, butchers broom root & white oak bark herbal infusions, topically aloe vera gel & Witch hazel. 

DOULA.HERBALIST.PHOTOGRAPHER.COFFEE ADDICT.BIRTH ACTIVIST.BELIEVER.  

euphoricherbals.com euphoricbirth.com

mjrex87
by Mindy on May. 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I'm not even pregnant, that's the bad thing! I have gotten them off and on since I had my daughter over a year ago. They usually aren't all that bothersome, just pop up and go away in a few days if I use Tucks pads. This one is persistent, though.  It is external. 

Quoting cali4niachef:

How many wks are you? Are they internal or external? 

500mg rutin/daily, butchers broom root & white oak bark herbal infusions, topically aloe vera gel & Witch hazel. 

VintageWife
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Like the others said, use witch hazel and flushable wet wipes to clean with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN