Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What formula do you use for diaper spray?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
I would like to make a spray to spray on my 16m old's bottom when I wipe him at diaper changes (we use cloth diapers ad wipes). I have been using the California Baby spray but I think it is irritating his bottom. I figure I need maybe water, some type of oil, maybe lavender EO... Anything else? What kind of oil? It needs to be CD safe but I do want coconut oil because it tends to get chunky and clog the sprayer (at least in my experience). If you don't make your own, what brand do you use?
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I don't use anything. I use CDs and CWs too and just get the wipe wet with water. I use jojoba oil and a little lavender oil on a diaper rash, but that's it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I use cloth wipes in a warmer and I put a drop or two of tto and leo in a peri bottle (that squirter bottle they give you post partum at the hospital for washing your girly bits after you pee) with water. You could easily do that in a spray bottle. I never liked sprays because they are cold and always scared my lo. That's why I use the wipe warmer.
Mommy2justone
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Water.
JMmama
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:13 PM
That's what I did for my the year old but Joey likes being sprayed, lol. He thinks it's hilarious and gets all excited. It never occurred to me to just use water in a all pay bottle. There probably isn't any reason that wouldn't work. Where can I find jojoba oil?

Quoting jellyphish:

I don't use anything. I use CDs and CWs too and just get the wipe wet with water. I use jojoba oil and a little lavender oil on a diaper rash, but that's it.
JMmama
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Maybe I will try that. Joey likes to be sprayed. I can't believe just water didn't occur to me. I blame the pregnancy brain. I like the idea of the tto and lavender though. It would smell nice.

Quoting TTC2Long:

I use cloth wipes in a warmer and I put a drop or two of tto and leo in a peri bottle (that squirter bottle they give you post partum at the hospital for washing your girly bits after you pee) with water. You could easily do that in a spray bottle. I never liked sprays because they are cold and always scared my lo. That's why I use the wipe warmer.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Cute! Yeah you could totally just use plain water.
You can get jojoba oil at an herbal shop or health food store.

Quoting JMmama:

That's what I did for my the year old but Joey likes being sprayed, lol. He thinks it's hilarious and gets all excited. It never occurred to me to just use water in a all pay bottle. There probably isn't any reason that wouldn't work. Where can I find jojoba oil?

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I used baby oil and baby soap before I realized how many chemicals were in there. Then I just started using water in a spray bottle. And then I stopped using the bottle and just walk over to the sink before I change a diaper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Water with a squirt of dr. bronner's baby mild soap.
I also have a spray bottle of 1 part witch hazel to 3 parts water that I use if they are smelling stinky during the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN